1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your tell

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by J Schuelke, Nov 14, 2009.

1. J Schuelke

A little while ago I was walking through a mall just hanging out with some friends, and while they were in a store, I decided to just people watch. Of course I was eyeing up the hot guys that passed by every once in awhile. Then one of my gal pals comes up and asks if i found my mate yet, lol. I said no, and that I was looking for subtle hints that might tip me off a little bit. How the way they are dressed or maybe body language. In poker terms it would be called a tell.

So her next question caught me off guard a little bit. She asked, "so what's your tell?" And honestly I couldn't really think of one. I'm neither femme or really butch, just inbetween.

Since then I was kinda curios if anyone has an obvious tell or have seen one.

2. 71390S

71390S Guest

You mean if we come off as obviously GLBT?

3. J Schuelke

Yeah, that's what I mean. lol failed to mention that part.

4. Silvermark

Not sure if it truly classes as a tell; but I play with my hair far too much.
    Always trying to make sure it looks good and stuff...

Though if anyone asked me if I was Bi or gay; especially someone I liked; I'd probably get all flustered and stupid... Something which has given me away about certain things many a time.

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently I have a bounce in my step, though that could be from just my happy-go-lucky attitude XD

6. Jeimuzu

I wear a few gay things, I'm getting more and more focussed on fashion, and I shag boys.

7. Schu

I've met the most astoundingly camp people that are completely straight. It's rather odd.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a tell really, until you start talking to me about a subject that would give it away.

8. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i dont have a tell either. infact i think its just my personality that makes people think im gay. i dont know why either.

9. HighintheClouds

I'm generally happy around people, very springy, and apparently my mannerisms have become more feminine. Plus, I listen to very bouncy music (Bottle It Up, anyone?).

10. adam88

Perfectly describes a cousin-in-law of mine. Unless he's hiding it extremely well. I don't think he would as he's very open about a lot of things.

My tell? Probably my mannerisms and patterns of speech. I used to be extremely self-conscious about them, but recently not so much. I'll act like myself, and if people have a problem with it that's their problem, not mine. :eusa_danc

11. Brandford

Apparently I walk like a girl and I have an involuntary habit of saying ew whenever someone says something sexual about a boy and a girl or if we are watching a tv show or movie and theres an intimate scene between a boy and a girl. Oh and when im around a boy I like ill wring my hands or wring something else in my hand. Once I was talking with a boy i liked and I kept wringing my sweater in my hands and almost ripped it in the process and i know he noticed because he was giggling

#11 Brandford, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met this guy, fab hair, fab clothes, mannerisms of a gay guy including flicking the wrist at one point (not stereotyping but I know no straight guys who do that until maybe now), yet his facebook says interested in girls, and my friend tried hitting on the guy and nothing. So either he's not interested in my friend and has interested in women for a cover OR totally straight...

13. SpinachWrap

I need to get myself a tell. No one has ever figured it out without me telling them.

14. 71390S

71390S Guest

I'm not super feminine but apparently I "look gay" or have a "gay aura" according to my friends.

15. Same with me.

And the fact that I watch Roseanne and Chelsea Lately. :lol:

16. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear a rubber rainbow pride bracelet. Dead give away right there, LOL. Other than that, I'm not sure. I tend to wear darker colors for some reason, and I have no fashion sense. Well,my wrists are slightly limp, and I tend to say "hi" in a higher pitch than my usual speaking voice. I'm not overtly femme, yet I'm not butch. Who knows? :grin:

17. guacj

I dont know what mine is, but some of my friends said that they just knew. If I were to go to the mall with someone though they would surely know as soon as I would see a sale sign at express. I guess my tell would be my obsession with shoes and how I dress.

18. RaeofLite

(I'm not a dude, obviously lol)
    But I'm told that I swagger sometimes. I'm not drunk either. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But I remember growing up and mom always told me: "You're doing it wrong! Walk like a lady". >.<
    I still dress in some femme clothing once in a while, but I can come across as dykey if I dress in more "guy" clothing due to my walk and take charge attitude.
    Oh and there's teh fact that I obviously check out chicks. lol I've been told by friends that "I'm so gay". :grin:

19. Stuie

The fact I play bassoon. Literally, almost all the male woodwind players in Melbourne are gay. One orchestra I was in, all the male woodwind players were gay except one and the guy I'm going out with also plays bassoon. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Other than that, I guess I'm not super-stereotypical. Maybe a few little things like the wild gesticulation at times, but I'm not particularly campy.

20. Just Adam

my tell hmm dunno really i dont like to fit stereotypes

but i suppose it would be not careing when my friend is all wow hot wwoman and im like meh.