1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Bashing…I need personal experiences

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pokeypanda, Nov 17, 2009.

1. pokeypanda

I’m writing a paper on gay bashing and just wanted to use some personal experiences. Can you tell me about a time you were every discriminated against for being gay, weather it be in public or private by a friend or stranger. Any type of story will work

Thanks in advance :icon_bigg

2. gemerency

well. My freinds neighbor is now a pretty good freind of mine, but when he found out i was gay he started ranting endlessly about how wrong it was and how god forbids it, ect. ect. His religion pretty much dominated his thoughts until I told him to pay attention to reality and see things from a normal point of view.

he still won't sit next to me but now we can chillax and play video games, talk and joke around.

btw this is the most grammaticly errored message i've ever sent >.<

3. Silvermark

Grammar is for exams. This is the internet.

As for gay bashing? No actual personal experiences, since I managed to not realise I was bisexual until college (High-school?)
    But my friend came out as being gay during Secondary school (Middle school?) and was teased and insulted and laughed at for the next two years. But he never cared about it, ever.
    To this day, he still doesn't give a **** what anyone else thinks of his sexuality.

4. RaeofLite

Experiences I've had:
    Mother telling me it's horrible, wrong, and I'm going to hell. That it's disgusting and why would i want to be with a woman? As if it's a choice... (Though this might be because she's partialy scared for me and she still denies to herself that her "otherwise awesome daughter" is gay. :frowning2: ).

-Had things thrown out of car windows at me as they sped past and insults such as dyke and lesbian thrown out of the same cars.

-Had a guy come up to me at work asking if I had a boyfriend. In seriously CLOSE proximity as if he was ready to unbutton his pants... I lied in this case because I was scared. I told him I had a huge boyfriend who was a nightclub bouncer and that we loved each other very much.

And this isn't so much gaybashing but lack of undersatnding:
    -Guy: "Was our sex not good? Did I not do well? I was told I was good in bed..":frowning2:
    -Another guy: "Didn't you have bfs in the past? ...So why did you change?" Then I had to explain denial on my part for several years as I pieced it together.

5. Étoile

As a member of the Global Grammar Police Association, I'll have to charge you with a fine of $100 for careless speech. :slight_smile:

6. And as resident Grammar Nazi, I will be liberating that $100 from you when you receive it.

Anywho, the extent of my gay bashing experiences is being called "fag" or "queer." I've had a pretty good time of it, really.

7. Silvermark

Oh, and I'm also a Grammar Nazi; I was just kidding about the grammar.
    I should charge him for using smilies without a license.

Back to topic?
    One of my old-old-friends back from before I moved and crap (Long story, basically other part of the country), he came out as gay and almost got stabbed. Luckily he moved school soon after...

8. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    39, and haven't had much more than random people calling me "faggot". Which simply means they're good at gay identification, actually.

And I actually read the thread title as "Gay Bashing...I Need Personal Experience". And I couldn't decide if that meant "I need experience in bashing gays" or "I need experience getting bashed since I'm gay. Neither sounded all that pleasant...

Lex

9. littledinosaurs

Not that is really gay Bashing but today i had a rather odd experience.

There was a guy protesting (sorta) against the Boston State House and he was saying things (nothing of real importance to gays, what he said is a whole different story) But this other guy came by and was like (to paraphrase) "Yeah, that place is the real enemy! They taxes us do death, let fags marry, but they'll fucking fine you for smoking a goddamn cigarette on the T" and it was just an odd experience since i've never actually really encountered a situation like that.
    I don't know if that's what you wanted, but it is what it is.

10. summersforecast

Gay bashing hmmm, let me think about it. The day before yesterday some kid yelled "I hate rainbows" at me and kept walking :/? My school is wicked homophobic

11. AtomicCafe

This is what I get for working with LGBT organizations. xD

- I've had "FAGGOT" taped to my door several times, as well as any gay-related posters or stickers ripped down.
    - While working on a passive education piece with my group, a girl came up and spat on me, then yelled at me about this and that in the Bible.
    - I was a victim of child abuse for a year after coming out.

There have been tons of tiny events all over. Been called the usual names more times than I can count, but I suppose those are the big three that pop out at me.

12. GhostDog

I honestly couldn't quite hear what this guy was saying, but I was walking to a restaurant with a female friend of mine, and a guy drove by and it sounded like he yelled, "Lesbians! Get outta my city!"

But my brain interprets any word that sounds like "lesbian" as "lesbian", so, it may be that he was just... drunk and yelling things? I don't know. I definitely heard "Get outta my city". But by and large, nobody's given me any crap for it.

... Though that could be because I've only told people who I know won't care and haven't walked down the street holding hands with a girl or anything!

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I don't know. I definitely heard "Get outta my city"

Oh, I love that one. "Get out of MY city." Well, Jesus Christ on a bike, show me where Homo City is and I'll move there in a heartbeat. That's a city with stunning houses, killer boutiques, a speciality cheese shop on every corner, and a demeanor that puts the happy back in gay.

...and the lesbians.

Lex

14. RaeofLite

YES! *throws her duffel in the back of Lex's car* Let's go!! (!)

15. i need help

Re: Gay Bashing…I need personal experiences

i felt the same way...

16. katie

I've had a lot of verbal abuse from my mom, since I came out to her; she called me and my gf 'filth' and 'scum', she's slapped me a couple of times, when i get back from seeing my gf, she makes a big deal about getting to know my younger sister's boyfriend, then didnt let me talk about my gf...does this help?
    oh yh...and while i was living with them, i wasnt allowed to go on ec on the home computer. why? they didnt want me 'contaminating' it!!!