1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your holiday plans?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Nov 18, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Yes it may be early... but...

What are your Christmas/Winter Holiday plans? (Sorry if I'm offending anyone, apparently Merry Christmas is offensive now a days...) What are your New Years plans?

2. Totoro

Sleeeeeeeep, in warm blankets during a cold night <3 Bwuahah...
    Other than this, I don't really know, I guess i want to spend some quality time with friends... since it is our final year in high school together, gotta make some sort of plans :slight_smile: I have a feeling that a gift exchange between friends will end up being something along the lines of joke gifts given to each other.

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We've invited a world-class celebrity chef to Thanksgiving dinner. This is gonna be nerve-wracking. :slight_smile:

Gonna spend a week in December on a big boat with a huge mouse.

[​IMG]

Then family get-together for Christmas. That's my parents, my aunt, my brother-his-wife-and-child, my sister-and-her-husband, my partner and me. Instead of buying gifts for each other, we each draw a name and buy one big gift (or a couple modest sized gifts) for that person. Everyone else you can buy little $5 gifts or so. Hot cocoa while opening gifts Christmas morning, followed by Dad's apple sausage ring with scrambled eggs, and then we all take a nap (for some reason). :slight_smile:

Lex

4. Amy

Amy

Homework, edit my NaNo, college application, family stuff, babysit.

5. Gaetan

Thanksgiving holiday:
    1. Hang out with friends the first weekend.
    2. Go back to my hometown and hang out with my best friend
    3. Come out to said best friend.
    4. Go back to my parents' house.
    5. Eat turkey and too much stuffing
    6. Do homework

Christmas holiday:
    1. Move back in with parents.
    2. Christmas
    3. Come out to parents.
    4. Await confirmation/denial of a job I applied for.
    5. Take said job...or start searching.

6. Lychee

This summer:

- school camp.
    - summer school.
    - start studying for year 12.
    - hang out with my friends, particularly those I haven't seen for a while.
    - maybe go away with my family - we generally go somewhere.
    - get fit.
    And that's pretty much it

7. Just Adam

ill just be sat here as usual family argueing only difference will bea tree in the corner

prob means i will have to go visit family again... that sucks

8. Apocalypte

Sleep
    Decompress after my exams, and celebrate being 1/3 of the way through my MSc
    Meet up with friends
    Sleep
    Eat, drink and be merry
    Run a 5k race on New Year's Day

9. Jim1454

This holiday will be a little different again...

My bf has decided that he won't spend Christmas day with his ex wife and her parents in Montreal. Unfortunately, that means he misses being with his kids on Christmas day.

But since we've been integrating our families since this summer, we plan on going to buy a Christmas tree on December 5th and decorating it that weekend. Maybe decorating a gingerbread house that we bought too. Then on the 19th we're going to get together and have a Christmas dinner as a family and exchange gifts with each other. His kids will head for Montreal on the 21st.

Then on Christmas day, my bf will be joining my family for dinner at my sister's house. So Christmas dinner will be my parents, my sister and her husband and their two little girls, her husband's father and step mother, my ex wife, my boyfriend, and my two daughters.

Cool, huh? :icon_bigg

He may join us earlier in the day too. I'm selfishly looking forward to spending that time with him - but I'm sad that he won't be spending the holidays with his own children.

Normally my wife and I would take the kids to church on Christmas Eve - but we won't be going to our old church this year. However, perhaps we'll find somewhere else to go. We'll see.

For the New Year's weekend, my family spends it at the cottage up north. It's usually quite nice up there in the winter. Snow all around, the lake frozen and depending on the conditions, good for skating. We'll often have a bonfire on New Year's Eve before coming inside to play cards or games. It's a little bit 'Norman Rockwell' which is nice.

10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My family are heading up to Brisbane to stay at my Aunty's penthouse for a bit over a week. : D

11. olides84

Two weeks in California and Arizona to visit friends and family over Christmas. I really, really, really miss my nephews and haven't even met my niece yet.

Oh and for Thanksgiving next week, me and another american here are planning to have a thanksgiving dinner for our friends. Neither of us have ever cooked a turkey but that's what email to moms are for :slight_smile:

12. KittyBoy

Brisbane to visit my horse at my uncle's stables. Then fly over to Singapore, visiting family friends and then I will go where ever I want!

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nothing much. My family's had one holiday that I can remember, and that's because it was a wish granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation when I was 16-ish. I'll probably see the extended family on Christmas Day, but other than that, no real plans.

14. Stuie

I have quite possibly the busiest holidays of my life coming up. The day after Speech Night for my school, I leave to go to France where I'll be for 4 weeks. I know my host family have loads planned so that should be fun although rather tiring. Then I get back to Australia. I have two days to recover, one of which I will see Chris, then I'm off to the Scholar School, which is basically training and selection for the Australian team for the international chemistry Olympiad, which would be absolutely awesome if I got to go to that. Finally after I finish that, the rest of my family are going away for a week, so I'll be home alone, which means much doing stuff, seeing Chris and seeing other people. Somewhere in there I also need to get my holiday homework done. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They're really busy holidays, but they should also be amazingly fun. I can't wait until school is over for the year!

15. Derek the Wolf

Thanksgiving: TO SEE MY BOYFRIEND

Christmas: see above ^

16. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Eat, Sleep and be merry. :grin:

17. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 hour drive to parents eat, drink 3, visit for a few day, hour drive home: repeat until insane.