1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Describe your dream house...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Nov 19, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

Just an interesting thread to describe your dream house. It's layout, location (at a lake, oceanside, urban, rural etc), rooms, decorating style.

Feel free to post pics or drawings too to give us a better idea.

2. Ben

Ben

Okay I've thought about this a lot and there are lots of dream houses that I have =)

Here is one

So basically there's a lovely green field and there are flowers everywhere but no trees. Absolutely no trees. And eventually you reach this huge glass floor and rising from the middle is this slightly uneven and not glass column which is totally cute and on the top there's this fluff-ball thing which is actually a bedroom and it has a round glass roof with a sliding fluff roof.
    Anyway in the middle of the column is the lift and around the lift there's a slide which you can ride down. It goes down to the ground floor which is awash underneath the huge glass ceiling (actually bulletproof and has a sliding grass roof for curtains).
    Right in the center there's this round swimming pool and in the middle there's this little place thing where it's like a table thing which rises from the water and has a single flower in the centre =)
    It's a nice house.

3. Jim1454

I've had a dream house - but I don't miss it now that I don't any more.

My wife and I had a lovely house before we separated. 2500sqft - mostly on the main floor. It sat on a half acre with lots of lawn and lots of very mature trees. It had a wonderful layout. Things that I loved about it:

• glass solarium at the end of the kitchen overlooking the yard
    • main floor 'mud room' that had an entrance from the front porch and the garage
    • full 2 car garage (very important for me - 3 would have been awesome)
    • Living room opposite the front foyer, overlooking the back yard, with a cathedral ceiling
    • 2 story front foyer with a somewhat dramatic staircase and 'catwalk' second floor hallway that overlooked both the foyer and the living room
    • His and hers walk in closets in the master bedroom (which was on the main floor)
    • HUGE ensuite bathroom with separate shower and large roman tub
    It was quite nice. But it was also a LOT of work to maintain. AND, part of it's appeal was that it was 'perfect' and projected the right 'image'. But I'm over that now. That 'image' was part of my 'cover' and facilitated my denial about being gay.

Now I have a small condominium townhouse where all the landscaping and snow removal is done for me. I simply have to lock the door when I leave and there isn't anythign I have to worry about. It suits me perfectly now - as I'm hardly ever there! I'm at my boyfriend's 80% of the time, at my parents' cottage another 10% of the time, and at my own place only 10% of the time.

(Once the kids are really comfortable with my bf and his kids - and his kids are comfortable with us - the plan is to move in together permanently and have the kids all stay together with us on our weekends with them. I'd then rent my place out.)

4. GhostDog

I want to live in this:

[​IMG]

... Though, for srs, my absolute perfect dream house would be a house built into the side of a hill with some trees on it. Like a hobbit house or something. =P And I'd want it to be really eco-friendly, with solar panels here and there, and the whole thing built out of sustainable materials. And since it'd be in the side of a hill, it'd be easier to heat/cool (and also tornadoes wouldn't be quite as absolutely terrifying). I'd want a huge, huge yard - maybe enough room for a horse or two to live comfortably.

Also, it'd have a huge room for a painting studio in it. <3

I like living in/near cities where things are happening, but I think I'd get sick of it after a while. When that happens, I'm all for my hobbit home. Assuming I ever become filthy rich enough to make that happen.

Heh. Heheh. Oh god, I'm going to be living in crappy apartments for the rest of my life, aren't I.

5. haelmarie

A bungalow out in the country with room for gardening around it. It has to be small.

Or a small apartment down town would be cool. But I'd need to inherit our cottage to make that work, because city life can get pretty tiring.

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

ooh good thread...

well mine is a 4 bedroom apartment that is modern. inside will be pretty minimalist. would mainly be white thruout. kitchen would be black marble, white walls and chrome fittings everywhere. would have to be pretty spacious so it has a centre prep area and also must have a breakfast bar. lounge would be simiar colours but must include massive tv with black leather sofa. my room i plan to have as a capuccino colour with cream i already know that. i saw it in a book that does all your redecoratin. it was smart. the huge must have is a games room tho. for the computer, pool table, air hockey table and a few comfy seats in it so i can ahave a few pals round for the footy games and watch on a massive screen too. bathroom will have massive shower. no bathtub and will be a natural grey stone and cream colour.

i dont half want much eh? least i know what i want my place to look like.