1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by olides84, Nov 25, 2009.

1. olides84

Since it's already Thursday over here in Europe, I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! It is my favorite American holiday, and I really miss being with family and friends who are so so far away. But I've somehow roped myself into hosting a dinner for around 15 people in my apartment--I need to borrow extra chairs and plates and stuff from a neighbor, but it'll be great :slight_smile:

So to all the Americans and anyone else who cares to respond, what are you thankful for? And do you have any plans for Thanksgiving Day?

2. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm not an American, but I still want to wish all of you guys who are a happy Thanksgiving too!!!

Looking back over the last year, I do feel thankful for a lot. I'm thankful for my friends, who turned out to be even more amazing and accepting than I thought they were, thankful for my brother and mom, without whom I couldn't imagine life. They're the best family I could ever imagine. Even though he passed away five years ago, I'm still glad for all my dad thought me.

I'm thankful for my colleagues, who gave me lots of opportunities to prove myself over the last year. And who were always there when I needed help.

And last but not least, I'm thankful for finding this place. Without it, my life wouldn't have been the same.

Unfortunately, tomorrow will ba an ordinary day for me. But I had turkey last week, so I guess I had an advance taste already :wink:

3. olides84

Yay, Filip :slight_smile: If somehow you could make your way to Antwerp tomorrow evening, you can definitely reload on turkey here :slight_smile: Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

4. Just Adam

happy thanksgiving to you all

im thankful i found Ec and that people find it in their hearts to put up with me

5. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO! Go stuffing! :grin: I LOVE TO EAT!

6. Thanksgiving is just an excuse to eat, in my opinion; thus, I'm thankful for the food I'm going to eat for Thanksgiving.

7. GhostDog

Plans! My uncle, aunt, and nephew are up here visiting us and we're all gonna have a big family meal in the morning. =D

This year, one of the big things I am thankful for is EC. Seriously. It might seem a tad silly to be thankful for things on the internet, but y'all are so awesome and helped me figure myself out a lot faster than I was doing by myself. <3 I LOVE YOU EE SEE.

Also, thankful for my family being super-awesome, about having a queer kid as well as just being awesome generally!

AM ALSO THANKFUL FOR PUPPIES, TECHNO, COOL FALL BREEZES, AND HAWT LADIES THE WORLD 'ROUND. <3

and the lesbians

8. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as I love food (and trust me, I have a waist line to prove it) I am not a huge fan of Thanksgiving. I am looking forward to this year though; it just feels like things are looking up. :slight_smile:

I’m thankful for lots of things. I can’t really single out just one in particular, so I’ll just list them:

My health (even though as I am typing this I am battling a cough/cold combo)
    My family
    My cat
    All the lessons I’ve learned about myself and the world around me over the past year
    Happiness
    Love
    My newfound sense of inner strength
    Thanksgiving being the official start of the holiday season (so I don’t get strange looks for singing Christmas carols in July)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

9. EM68

I can not wait until Thanksgiving and see my family. This year is real special for me. This year I came out to my family and friends and nothing has changed execpt now I can be myself! I am so thankful for eveyones support through the good, bad and ugly. Including everyone on EC! Love you all. (*hug*)(*hug*)

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy thanksgiving all you yankee doodle dandys!

Can someone clear up for me what thanksgiving is? Like, what it's based on? I've heard conflicting reports.

11. I'm thankful for:

The support of my family.
    The support of my friends.
    EC, especially my three J's.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! (*hug*)

12. EM68

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving

13. Eleanor Rigby

Happy thanksgiving to you all :slight_smile:

14. Étoile

Eat lots and lots today for Thanksgivings guys! (*hug*)

15. AllSmiles

Even though we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Denmark, I'm thankful for these things:

My mom was so accepting about me being gay and that I found EC and all the beautiful and wonderful people here, which has meant A LOT to me (*hug*)

So happy Thanksgiving everyone (*hug*) You all mean a lot to me (*hug*)

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm thankful for my three awesome kids who make me proud every day! I'm thankful that my son has found a wonderful partner whom we have grown to love very much. I'm thankful for the friends that I have made in my journey as an activist. I'm thankful to still have a roof over my head as we have battled the very poor economy. I'm also very thankful for a woman named Jeanne Manford who loved her gay son enough to stand for his rights and freedom and founded the organization we call PFLAG. There is nothing more powerful than unconditional love!

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Another Thanksgiving, another food coma...

[​IMG]

Clockwise from the candle holder that appears to be going supernova (iPhone camera), we've got horseradish whipped potatoes, autumn succotash (corn and soybeans) with smoked bacon, homemade cranberry sauce, TWO bowls of stuffing (and there was more), and balsamic glazed pearl onions. All of which went with...

[​IMG]

...the apple-cider brined turkey. Unbelievably moist and delicious. We had gravy, but I didn't have any. Nothing needed it. :slight_smile:

If this wasn't enough, our guests brought a couple pies...and then a neighbor (who works at an amazing dessert place) brought us three more. Five pies. And only six people for dinner. Yes, we almost had one pie per guest. Of which we ate...um...half of one. The dinner was so good and filling we couldn't fit any in. We're getting back together tomorrow just for dessert. :slight_smile:

Oh, right - thankful. Everything. I'm truly blessed. I've oft been told "count your blessings", but what if you have more blessings than you can count? Thank you, family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, internet friends, and all at EC. You all kick ass.

Lex

Attached Files:

#17 Lexington, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  18. UserName

Also happy Thanksgiving to everyone :slight_smile:

I am happy to have such a supportive group of friends and family. It really just shows that there are some understanding people out there, and that even if they don't necessarily agree with homosexuality - they still accept you for who you are, and that's their choice...not everyone goes through what we do and realizes how hard life can be, it's one of those situations where they would have to endure it to truly know, so I still respect their decision and respect them for staying loyal to my friendship.

I am also thankful for having such an amazing family who knows how to cook haha, mmm. And that this was the first Thanksgiving where I was "out of the closet" (came out last week) and how no one even acted as if it were a big deal.

I'm thankful for being able to attend college and all the hard things I've gone through that makes me a stronger and smarter person. I am just thankful for so many different things right now, but mainly that my life has stayed the same after coming out, and I know its only going to get better from here on...such a liberating and joyful feeling.

19. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either
    Happy thanksgiving ec members

things that Im thankful for is my family my frieinds and my girlfriend :slight_smile: