1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting old

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dude99, Nov 25, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

Anyway have any of you guys thought on what will happen to you when you are old? That is when become old and grey. What can you see yourself doing then? Do you think their is a life for old gay people in the gay world?

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully still drinking, doing drugs, having sex, and rocking and rolling!!!

I don't plan to settle down if that's what you mean. But i don't see why life for a gay old person should be that different from that of a straight old person

3. GoBabyGoGo

i totally plan on settling down with a guy i love and who loves me back :slight_smile:

4. RaeofLite

This. Only... with a woman of course. (*hug*)

I don't know how old I'll be but if she comes around and it's right (and I hopefully earn a decent living), I know it'll happen.

5. Nitro

When I'm old enough to be excused for weird behavior, I hope to bring out a number of jokes that are too bad or weird to be excused at my age. For example, when I shake a person's hand I plan to keep on holding and just start laughing.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What about those of us here who *are* old and grey? :slight_smile:

Contrary to popular belief, life as a gay man (or lesbian) does not end at 30, 40, 50, or even 60 or 70. I know a number of older guys who are very active -- traveling, backpacking, doing social activities, some who work full time doing things for the community, such as volunteering or working part time at various gay/lesbian centers, etc. Some are single, some have been in relationships for 20+ years. Many have large groups of friends that they do lots of things with.

In short, for many people, there's not a whole lot of difference between being 25 and being 55 or 65.

7. Just Adam

depends if you believe in getting old...

8. starfish

I honestly don't think my life will all that different when I have in my 70's. I might move a little slower, and I may be able to forecast the weather using my hip, but I don't see much else changing in my life.

9. shorty

I agree with this. As i'm getting pretty damn old now, I wonder what i'll be like in say twenty years. But the funny thing is, that i'm still the silly guy I was when I was 18. Sure I have more life experience, but I still have the same silly sense of humour, generally good outlook on life and childish traits I had then. Its just as funny now when I laugh at farts that it was when I was a teenager. (ok, maybe i'm a bit too childish for a 36 year old :slight_smile: )

I hope to basically be the same person I am now, but hopefully with a partner or at least a great group of friends when I grow old, and still just enjoy life.

10. EM68

I plan to live my life to the fullest. I spent 30+ years suppressing my true self. I have a lot of making up to do. :slight_smile: Hopefully I will be with my bf for a long, long time.

11. starfish

I have a friend who is 65 and he says that if you haven't grown up by 50 you don't have to.

#11 starfish, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2009
  12. -Michael-

It's simple.

Become a vampire.