1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first long driving experience

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fabu2113, Nov 26, 2009.

1. fabu2113

fabu2113 Guest

hey im goin to kansas tomarrow morning and well im kinda nervous.in fact im scared a little bc my parents when i was growing up and wanted to do my own things,they always told me the negative things about what i was doing.and did not give me any support or encouragement on what i wanted to do.that really effected me but since one day i said to my self im going to do what i want and if i fail i will be the one to learn from my experience.i just hope it goes well bc im the type that has panic attacks.but i trying to grow stronger emotionitly and physicaly.these days iv been feeling like crap.oh well i always say to my self its going to be ok.i might be helping one of the drivers as im taking mytruck and two other people.but my parents wont know.i must be strong myself.roadtrips are so exausting sometime even fot the pasenger.:smilewave

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    #1 most important advice to give... if you get tired, feel your eyes getting heavy... STOP AND REST!!!

3. UserName

Yea I feel ya on the panic attacks, I used too get panic attacks on the reg. or really bad anxiety, but since I came out of the closet I feel like it's going to slowly diminish. But it was so bad I just recently had to medically withdraw from school in fear of having another one, but this problem has been ongoing for about a year and a half. Anyways, I hope it goes well - good luck.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only hints would be if you were driving alone. If at any time you feel restless or tired or overly bored, take the next exit. Stop the car. Get out and walk or jog around a bit.

I've taken many long car trips by myself, and I usually let the car set the stops. Whenever I needed to get gas, I'd get gas, something to eat (a burger), a large soda, and go to the bathroom. Then I'd be set until I had to get gas again. Then again, I apparently have a really large bladder. :slight_smile:

Lex

5. AS1989

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what they said... and b4 you leave, check all your fluids(Oil, wiper fluid, transmission fluid...), your tire pressure, wipers (and anything else you might need during your trip).

And of course don't forget to map out your route. I usually read the instructions before leaving.