1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a morning-person?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoBabyGoGo, Nov 27, 2009.

?

Are you a morning-person?

1. I am a morning-person.

28 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. I am NOT a morning person.

56 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. GoBabyGoGo

To clarify:-

Morning people have no trouble waking up in the morning. They rarely sleep in, find it hard to go back to sleep once woken, and are most productive and energetic in the morning. They often go to bed reasonably early.

Non morning people find it difficult to wake up in the morning. They feel very sleepy after waking for a period of time, sleep in wherever they can, and find it more difficult to function in the early hours. They often go to bed later.

Personally, i am a morning person. I wake up (7-8am) a long time before my friends (10-12am). I get really restless lying in bed waiting for others to wake. Ive got to get up, and do something!

2. fulofbul

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i am a morning and night person.

this means i wake up really early everyday about 6.30-7 without the help of any alarms

i also sleep late about 11-12. because of that i get very tired during the day about 2-6.

i try to sleep early but i wake up even earlier. i try to wake up late but sleep later if i do.

so far i am not having any health problems though, except my concentration level can get really low when i am tired during the day.

any suggestions how to fix this?

3. Dewey

I wish I was a morning person...but unfortunately I am not. Unless you count staying up all night until the morning xP

4. RaeofLite

I would say that I'm not a morning person when I'm a student.. but if I visit the parents for holidays (Christmas etc) I adopt their habit of going to bed at 9-10pm and waking up early because there's no one else to talk to or do things with. :lol:

5. paco

paco Guest

i better be. the surf is best right around sunrise. like seriously 10x better than the afternoon.

although i don't always get to bed early... i'm also an insomniac of sorts.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm neither a morning person nor a night person. I'm at my best from about 11am-3pm, I take a while to wake up properly, and then I fade pretty quickly when it gets closer to evening.

7. Nodnarb

No, no, most definitely NO. I set my alarm for at least and hour before I actually want to wake up because I know that it takes forever to get me out of bed. And I don't truly wake up until after I take a shower.

8. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Nope xD. I've woken up at 5pm and later.

9. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Back when I had a different phone with a different kind of alarm, I'd set several alarms to go off ten minutes apart so that I'd have half an hour to drag myself out of bed. Now I can only set one alarm so I set it half an hour early and become familiar with the snooze button - although there's one button you can hit that will turn off the alarm entirely (where every other button activates snooze) and I can now hit that one button and turn the alarm off in my sleep.

10. Nodnarb

With my phone, you just open and close it and it will go to snooze, and I've gotten to the point where I can do that in my sleep. I'm getting worse about it though...since I haven't had to get up for class during break, I keep using snooze for over an hour:icon_redf. And at some point (an hour or and hour and a half) it just gives up and stops going off:lol:

11. shorty

Oh god no! Never have been. If I don't have to work, my sleeping pattern gradually slips back to going to bed in the wee hours and getting up around midday. And my brain is FAIL for the first hour after getting up. They say you usually sleep less as you get older, but I still sleep like a teenager. 8-10 hours everyday and sometimes more.

12. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I am a morning person, without a doubt. I never stay up later than midnight, since my brain becomes functionally useless around 11:30 PM. I usually go to bed between 10:00 and 11:00, although I've been going to bed as early as 9:00-9:30 recently (just because I'm under the weather and need the extra rest). I usually wake up between 6:00 and 7:00 depending on when I went to bed, and I have no issue getting out of bed when I do wake up. That said, if my brain knows I have no reason to get up early, I may sleep in. For me, sleeping in is sleeping until 8:00. I can try to sleep in if no one else is awake, but it just makes me feel more groggy when I do get out of bed.

Why do I do this? When I'm at school, it's because the dining hall opens for breakfast at 7:00, and I like to get there early before the lines start forming and before it gets loud. I also do it because it feels natural; we, as homo sapians, are built to function best during the daylight hours, to rise with the rising sun and go to bed with the setting sun. Now, obviously, if I did that, there wouldn't be enough hours in my day, but I am most productive when the sun is out. Though I don't often do work in the morning, when I know I need to, I can get it done easily.

I suppose I am also a morning person out of habit, since, during high school, my bus came to pick me up around 7:30, and I liked to have a lot of time for myself in the morning, so I would usually get up around 6:00 or before. That habit stuck with me. To be honest, I suppose I also do it because of the smug sense of superiority it gives me to know that other people are still sleeping and I am already getting a start on my day.

13. Apocalypte

I'm not a morning person at all. My best hours of the day tend to be in the late afternoon and evening. I really struggle with getting up in the morning, and I really can't sleep before midnight.

14. SolitaryKnight

I am a morning person, but I hate when I get off work at like 9:30pm and have be back the next day at 7am. If I can go to bed when I want, I have no problem waking up early. When I was in university, I would usually go to bed at 9pm so I could wake up at 5am and do my work before class.

15. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm horrendous in the mornings. :frowning2: That feeling that you get when you've just woken up is one of the worst feelings in the world. >.<

It usually takes me about 2/3 hours to wake up properly, and I tend to find that I am in an awful mood during that time. I also have a habit of falling back asleep no matter where it is. :frowning2:

16. Sesshomaru

I would say I'm sort of a morning and night person. During any period in time, I can't even force myself to sleep in past 8 a.m. unless I don't go to bed from the day before until 7.a.m. that same morning and even then I can only sleep until 10-11 before my body wakes itself up. On normal days though I'm up anywhere from 4-5 even though I normally don't go to bed until around 11 or midnight and I have no problems with waking up.

17. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'm definitely a morning person. I usually don't sleep later than 7-8 on weekends, and I rarely go to bed later than 10 at night. It just works for me.

18. Just Adam

unless its a snowy mornign with a beautiful red golden sunrise that reflects and glistens....then no mornings are nothign but annoying depressing things that means another day.

19. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

7 years of waking up at 430am 3 days a week for rowing has destroyed my ability to sleep in.

20. NickT

Me, in the morning: RAAAARRAGAGAAARRARAWRRAAGHAAARRRA! *Mauls off nearest person's head*