1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gift can I give him?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ander Blue, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    Hey, I'm looking for some gift ideas for a very special person. I know him from online and he's been the anchor in my coming out process. We were chatting by txt the other day, and he asked me what I wanted for christmas from him. I wasn't expecting a gift, so I was extremely touched. After thinking about it, I asked him if he could get me bracelet/necklace from the retail store he works at - something that I could wear so that I can always have him with me :grin: lol, he said that wasn't enough, so I asked him for a hot winter cap as well. I've been asking him what he wants and he wont tell me! I've been trying to brainstorm some things but mostly I'm coming up blank. All I've been able to come up with is to put together a cd of songs that are ones that he likes, and ones that have been meaningful to me through my process (he likes owl city, vampire weekend, etc. I was hoping to put on songs like "Must have done something right" by relient k, "I want to hold your hand" originally by the beetles, "move along" by the all american rejects). He's going off to college next year so that could play into the gift as well... Please post any ideas you may have! I fully appreciate any help :slight_smile:

2. Brandford

All I can suggest is something that expresses your feelings for him, and remember practicality is not for Christmas. I suggest something engraved unless your not emotionally close enough for something like that. One last suggestion, something that is a symbol for something that happened to the both of you or something he told you about, like your first meeting or something that symbolizes his fondest memory.

Example:
    If you remember him saying he remembered some great day where he went to a carnival with his mom or someone and they won him a blue bear or something like that and that he lost it years back, you would go find him a bear or go to build-a-bear and make him one like the one he described and maybe add a little not on it or attached to it.

Lol sorry for the long post but I love stuff like this, its what makes Christmas special.

3. ColdSnap

Love the idea of the mixed cd, i would melt :grin: all you need is a little gift to go with it, a few helpful suggestions: A cool tee, some sneaker, cologne, a big chocolate thing in ribbons and bows :slight_smile: a book you know he'd enjoy, tickets to a gig? just a few idea :slight_smile:

4. Etorem

Etorem Guest

A small, bound notebook, each page having a short written note about things that make you think of him, reasons you appreciate him, happy memories, recollections of times that he helped you, notes of gratitude... and the like.

Maybe it's extremely cheesy, or perhaps it's a gift more suited to a boyfriend or similar, but... It'd be a great thing for him to read on those less-than-stellar days where he needs cheering up.

Anything handmade is nice, too.

I haven't had to buy or make a gift for a special guy or anything before, so my suggestions might not be great.

5. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    Thanks for all the help! You guys have given some great ideas and have really sent me in the right direction.