1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever been taken aback by your own age?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

I know this probably sounds ridiculous. But when I look at my age or think about it and it just seems sooo weird! I'm so young and inexperienced! Like fresh out of the womb (ok maybe not that young but you get what I mean) and yet I feel like I've been around for eons you know? Lol.

Is it like that for you too? How do you feel about your age?

2. Phantasma

I can't believe I turn seventeen in a little more than a month. It doesn't feel right. When did I get so old? It feels like everything is moving too fast, because I don't feel (almost)17..

3. Just Adam

i understand feeling old...

it confuses me how people dont see teh world i do its liek i look at things simple things and they seem so familiar yet distanced like i havent seen tehm in a long time everything seems old and complex and people jsut dont feel and notice...

im a very confused beeing .

4. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    I'm turning 20 in January and right now I'm freaked out about it! That represents a good fifth of my life! (maybe, could be a whole fourth!) I'll be a Junior in college soon and I still feel like I would get crushed by the real world if I were to try and survive in it. AGH!!!

5. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Its scary that I'm soon to turn 18. Where did my carefree childhood go?

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had the occasional "holy shit, next year I'll be 20" moment - it seems so much older than 19.

7. Etorem

Etorem Guest

I know that 21 isn't very old, but...
    I can't help but feel like I've wasted a few years, in one way or another.

8. jazzrawr

I get that alll the time.
    Every once in a while I think "Holy shit - next year I'll be 18."
    I'm almost a legal adult, for god's sake. D:
    Next year I'm going to university too, which is frightening. I don't feel almost 18.

9. frootl00p

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i know how that feels. being 21 sux sometimes.

10. littledinosaurs

it certainly feels like i've lived less than 18 years.
    I can't remember so many of them.

11. Totoro

I hate being 17 x_x I feel like i'm going to die soon, 17!! maybe that's why i decided to take up piano I feel unaccomplished and yet i'm so young, but i feel so old.

12. haelmarie

Sometimes I feel like I'm a thirty year old man trapped in a teenagers body, but sometimes I still feel like a little kid.

13. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Ugh, my age scares the hell out of me. I keep realizing that I'm turning 17 next month and I'll be living on my own in less than two years. Time just keeps getting faster, you know?

14. Schu

I always felt when I was a teenager that I was way too young, and I always caught myself saying things like "bloody teenagers!". Now I feel that still but less so.

15. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I pay little attention to my own age. I have literally forgotten my own age, many times. When i was getting my university ID card at the beginning of this year i had to get my licence out to remember how old i was.

but yeah, it's strange now that the majority of first grade footballers i see on TV are younger than me. That's about the weirdest thing.

16. Nodnarb

It's happened to me a lot lately. I just can't believe that I'm already 18 and in college. I went home over break, and the high school kids were still in school until Wednesday. I just felt weird to know that I wasn't with them. And my sister turned 16 last month...that terrifies me.

I also noticed that at my grandparents' house on Thanksgiving I was hanging out more with my "older" college-age cousins more, rather than the ones still in HS/MS like normal. I guess I'm one of the old cousins now:slight_smile:

17. starfish

I'll be 29 in January and I have just one question. What the hell happened to the last 10 years?

18. RaeofLite

I'm 20 years old-21 as of Dec24th. ...I have no idea where the last four years have gone. Just bam, bam, bam. It's a bit scary really. Haha.

I try to not think about it. I have an old soul though so I can relate to people several years older than me or even people my parents age, even though I sometimes look like I should be in my senior year of highschool. lol

19. Idunnohereitis

my 16ish 17ish self knows that ive barely gotten started on life and i got a lot to go if i chose to keep going and i have been like whoa you are 17 or 16 at certain ppl and i guess its the mental level thing again, i think its all about the mentality of the individual... idk hm, well i tend to go for somebdy my age or a year or two older goign lower is just, doesnt work.. too iffy and for the most part i never feel like im on the same level of thought as somebody lower in age but sometimes i met a couple who were actually beyond the 15 years they had. i d k this is a difficult question not really sure how to answer it hmm......idk duude idk

20. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'm not taken aback yet, but I think I will be when I turn 20 this coming year. I feel like it's gonna come and I'm gonna be like, "Wow the first chapter of my life went by so quickly."