1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Aids Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fiorino, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Fiorino

Today, December 1st, is world AIDS day. I thought that this would be a good opportunity to reflect on the disease, how it has affected the world, our community, and what we should do (continue to do or start doing) to confront it. Also, if anyone has any stories or anecdotes they would like to share, they are welcome here.

[​IMG]

http://www.worldaidsday.org/

2. NickT

I personally am scared to death of AIDS. v.v

I know how it's transmitted, and that if I play it safe it's not likely I'll get infected, but it does still give me scares. Though I'm not scared at all of people with AIDS (Don't know anyone with AIDS either, but I'd be fine with him/her)

3. Just Adam

i been hearing alot today about the french first lady and her support against aids as her brother died of it 3 years ago.

4. fallendream

check the bbcs site; they had a nice picture on it.

5. Kryz

I really have nothing to add here.

Other than the fact that I was hesitating on the fact of wearing the red ribbon to school, until I herd the main guy of the National Center for Prevention and Control of HIV/AIDS, talking about this year's theme here in México "We will fight and end AIDS, without discrimination and without homophobia"

That, and some of the main buildings of the city being lighted red just to show and promote consciousness made me happy to wear the ribbon.

6. AeonToy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Largest epidemic in the history of the world. 1 in 4 adults have it in Swaziland.

So many things about it are horrid, and it just seems that we know so much and so little about it at the same time.