1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who wears the pants?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Dec 4, 2009.

?

Who wears the pants (You or others you date/see)?

1. I wear the pants. ;)

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. I usually wear the pants, unless I'm with someone who wears them better

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. I don't wear the pants.

8 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Pants? What pants? I go naked (ie: go with the flow of how things work)

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. RaeofLite

There's not necessarily a man or a woman in a same sex relationship becuse... there's two people of the same sex in the relationship.

So... who takes charge is what I mean? Do you normally take charge of things? (ie: being the breadwinner, asking people on dates (rather than vice versa), paying for many things, being the protector etc.

Or are you the one being ordered by the pants?

2. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

i think its safe to say im being ordered...but not very often haha.

i like for the other person to take charge.

my goal in life is to find a nice older lady with lots of money to take care of me.
    >_> may be wrong but im so serious.

3. KittyBoy

I just go with the flow..

4. TroubledRyan

same...I don't care for taking charge though,inless I have to

5. Eleanor Rigby

In heterosexual relationships, the one who wear the pants might not be the one you think.
    I wear the pants most part of the time. Except days where I want to wear a skirt :wink:

6. Just Adam

i usually have to take charge with everything the only one who seems to think of things...but.. there are situations and some people who are better beeing in charge than me....im just the plan guy

7. grapevine fires

I tend to be the dominant person (in public :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) in a relationship.

8. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I'm definitely the less dominant one. I'm pretty shy and have trouble making first moves, and even once a relationship happens it's usually the other one who decides on where to go for dates, what to do, etc.

Strangely, though, I currently have a huge crush on a girl who's definitely not the dominant type either, and I know that if I'll ever have a chance with her I need to put on those metaphorical pants and actually do something. I guess if I really like someone I can become more dominant, but it's not normal for me.

9. littledinosaurs

This may be the worst way of looking at it, but it is how i view it.

If I'm taller or significantly older(+4 years) then I wear the pants.
    If I'm shorter or significantly younger (+4 years) then they wear the pants.

Edit:The above applies mostly to men; I think with a girl I'd generally wear the pants , but i wouldn't have an issue being a stay at home dad or something, but I would appreciate asking her out and treating her to things.

#9 littledinosaurs, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully we'll be equal in the whole thing. I wouldn't mind being taken care of for a little while, but I want to contribute too.

Besides, I have nice legs, but do you know how hard it is to find a skirt when you're 6 foot 2? :lol:

11. Brandford

I go with the flow, sometimes the other guy prefers that I'm dominating and then I just am, other times I might be with someone extremely stubborn then I have to be submissive and do what they say and I will. Then theres those select few who say they want to be the submissive one in the relationship but then later on you realize they only want the perks of the being the submissive one and at the same time they'll be the boss and what they say goes. I actually met someone like that, and I hated it, first they said they want to be the "woman" of the relationship in every steriotypical meaning of the word and then later on...well lets just say at one point at the end of one of our conversations on the phone, he actually gave me homework to do. Something about writing a list of all the reasons i love him, needless to say it didn't work out. Luckly was a long distance relationship

12. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

In the 1 relationship I was in, we determined I was the "guy" and he was the "girl" xD .

13. SRSLYMARK

Generally I tend to be the more dominant one, but if I ever ended up with someone who was also dominant, I would probably let them run the show. So I voted that I go with the flow. xD.

14. Derek the Wolf

I am the man in the relationship, but my boyfriend and I are both fairly submissive personalities when it comes to sex.

15. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i would tend to agree with you on that

16. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    inthe hetro the male usally goes and makes the money while the female stays and does the housework.. but in the the male always says the last words " yes ma'am"

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That sounds about right to me. (I was the "girl" he's referring to) He drove us where we went and always tried to pay, even though I insisted we alternate.

18. Etorem

Etorem Guest

I've not been in a relationship, but I'd hope that the pants would be shared (as funny as that sounds).
    I am a little more on the passive side, I suppose, but I like having some degree of decision-making power. Making (at least some) decisions together is a nice benefit to any relationship, I think.

19. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I usually am the more dominant one but with my boyfriend it's very slowly becoming a more equal kind of thing. So I voted the second one.

20. Phantasma

I'm not a very dominant personality when it comes to relationships, so I suppose the other person would we wearing the pants the majority of the time.