1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl Friends or Boyfriends equal or dont equal public places

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by isabella, Dec 7, 2009.

1. isabella

IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New York State
    My girlfriend and i have been dating for a while and we recently have been more toward each other at school and stuff. But the point that i am trying to make is. Do you think that it is ok or not ok for gay people to show one and another that they love each other public places. :help: :eek:

2. fallendream

it doesnt make a difference really.

3. Aoifeee

100% ok

But it can attract haters :/ I would suggest doing whatever you feel comfortable with :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Brandford

Of course it is, its not like you don't see a straight couple making out at almost every movie you go to. If its okay for them to do it, its okay for us to do it.

5. kramer362

I personally don't choose to show pda because that's just how my personality is and I don't like attention. I don't have a problem with other people showing pda though, but it gets obnoxious if it looks like they're about to have sex, haha. And I don't believe in different standards based on sexuality.

6. Just Adam

i say do it especially if it makes them feel uncomfortable as i straight people get to do it and people dont say anything about that... nothing like shooting somebody down with the equality rant leaving them wide eyed and mouth wide open....

if people love each other then pda is fine...aslong as it only goes asfar as kissing holding hands and hugging any more its a bit ott lol...

7. Phantasma

Personally, I wouldn't do it because I don't like being a center of attention. However, I see nothing wrong with it. Straight people do it everywhere you look: movies, mall, restaurants, etc.

8. Greggers

I dont think i would be able to not show PDA. Really though, its not about the 'P' or the 'D' for me, its all about the affection. Im just a very emotional person. I need to let those emotions out. This means LOTS of affection. It would not matter where i was, i would be showing it :wink: (Unless of course its an area that gay PDA's are frowned heavily upon. Im not so stupid as to do something that might end in gay bashing...)

9. GhostDog

If it won't get you hurt, absolutely show affection in public. <3 I don't think it's worth risking bodily harm in an unsafe area, but if it just makes people glare and mutter? Meh. Hell, if I'm in a room full of people glaring at me for holding hands with a lady, I'd probably just get more affectionate to spite them. I sure as hell wouldn't go, "Oh, sorry, my queerosity offends you, let me just hide it for your benefit."

I draw the line at, like, making out/feeling each other up where everyone can see you, but that goes for any couple. GET A ROOM. >:[

But holding hands, longing looks, smooches? D'aww. Right on, lovebirds, gay or straight or whatever else you may be! :3

Personally I love seeing same-sex couples holding hands, more than straight couples. Either is sweet, but if I see two guys or two girls walking together, I wanna shout, "WOO! GO YOU!" I'm obviously not biased. ;P

10. NickT

I wouldn't want to see any type of couples going at it, per se, but holding hands and pecking and just showing general attraction is just fine in my book.

11. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

there should be a limit to what is done in public. like full making out is weird. but some kisses and stuff are fine. if someone has a problem with it then thats their issue.

12. alusernamesgone

totally agree!
    you give good answers!
    :grin:

13. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    the question is not weather or not its ok but weather or not its smart!

14. RaeofLite

PDA that's fine for straight people: hugging, kissing (cheek and lips etc), holding hands, cuddling
    PDA that is or should be fine for same sex couples: see above reference

However, both parties in the couple should be comfortable about it. If not, talk to her about it. Some people, gay or straight don't like PDA. (Which is sad in my opinion). If you've got love, show it. :slight_smile:

However, be prepared to have people suddenly avert their attention to you, make remarks, possibly throw things at you, and have hate in their eyes etc if you do this in public. Some people don't understand. That doesn't mean we can't try and change it though. (*hug*)

15. xequar

As long as the naughty bits are covered, go for it. Beyond that, opt for privacy. My BF and I have both concluded that if someone doesn't like it, tough shit for them.

16. isabella

IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New York State
    I am thanking everyone that has replyed at the post....me and my gf have took a good look at this and we have decided that we are going to show alittle more pda around our friends

17. jazzrawr

Yeah, of course it is. I'm a PDA type of person, so I tend to show affection with the girl I'm dating a lot, as long as she's okay with it.

Do whatever makes you happy, there's no reason it's not okay for gays if it's okay for straight people.

18. Rygirl

go for it, you will attract attention from people, supportive and haters, but if it feels right to you then who cares about them?

19. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I can't help but show PDA, I don't see why straight people can hug and be close to the person they love but gay people can't

20. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i find it really cute when other people (gender of couple not important) express affection in public. i actually DO say "awwwww" and go all soft and gooey

but not too far.... there's a limit. Romantic kisses are that limit for me. Passionate kisses start making it a bit uncomfortable to watch