1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

birds and the bees - kiddy style!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fallendream, Dec 10, 2009.

1. fallendream

did anyone else think that the birds and the bees was some inter-species thing when they were really young and sorta heard about them but didn't know what they are?:lol:

just thought id ask after discussing this in school.

----------

i mis-typed the title, can a mod fix this?

2. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I never got the 'birds and the bees' talk from my parents. I got the 'condoms, condoms, condoms' talk.

3. Connor22

I got the birds and the bees talk. twice. OHH YEAH AWKWARD CONVERSATIONS SUCK!!

4. Etorem

Etorem Guest

What's all this about birds? Bees? What?

I don't think I got this particular talk. At least not a very memorable one.

5. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

my mom tried to have the " youre getting older and your body is changing" talk.

i ran.

like i got up and ran. haha

but i knew what sex was when i was like 5.

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i never had that. i just kinda found out somehow.

7. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    My dad forgot that he gave it to me the first time, so I got it again a year later.... ugh

8. I never got the talk from my parents. It's like they knew I'd never need it. :dry:

9. Haiiro

Haiiro Guest

God I had to have that talk twice...and couldn't run away either time. Awkward...horrible.

Lol I don't remember exactly what I thought the birds and the bees were before then, though. Something silly, probably.

10. mattypants

i never got the talk of "birds and bees" and to this day still dont know what is involved...

should have been a poll :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    birds and bees yes, no

11. Miss Bubbles

My parents didn't call it the birds and the bees. They just flat out told us about sex. When I was 8 my dad told me how to make a girl scream. lol thats probably why im gay. I didn't like the sound of it. eeewwwww.

12. lilmantate96

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I got it with my dad when I was 10. He called me in my room and said "I want you to read these books and watch this movie" He made me read three books and watch a movie about the subjuct. I would have rather just had the talk by itself.

I will also have t have it again next year in school. Not looking forward to that.

13. Schu

I got the birds and bees talk when I was very young, young enough not to remember how young. It just makes sense to do it really early, because the longer you wait, the more of a big deal it becomes, and you want it not to be a big deal, a forbidden world, a secret temptation. It's just sex.

Besides, I was a precocious bugger and asking lots of questions.

Then school had a sex ed thing when I was 13 or 14 and it was hilarious, one of the self-proclaimed yough guys of my class had to leave and throw up.

Pretty much the only other talk that was had was the "use a condom" mantra from my Dad, which is about the most sensible advice that can be given.

14. pirateninja

For me, it wasn't really "a talk", just that if I had a question, my mom would answer it. So I kinda learnt from hearing things on the playground to then getting it told in a way I understood by my mom.

I feel quite happy that I was never traumatised by "the talk" :grin:

15. Just Adam

id explain it in food talk to add anotehr layer of confusion...

the toad goes in teh hole and it gets real hot and everythign gets battered about then hot thicky gravy gets poured everywhere....now do you understand kids?

16. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't think I ever got the "birds and the bees" talk. I tihnk mine went a little like "well, your body is changing, and you're gonna have urges towards girls." True my body was changing at the time, but the urges for girls never happened. My urges were for boys. :grin:

17. Brandford

Nope never did, and when anyone tried I left the room. The truth is I don't even remember how I learned about sex, I think i blocked it out.

18. flymetothemoon

I never really got a birds and bees talk. People say I should count my blessings, except that I never really got any information at all until I got to college. I came from a very Catholic family and we don't talk about sex or sexuality really. I also went to a Catholic school, where the extent of my sex education consisted of being told not to have sex because you will get pregnant and get terrible STDs and being shown pictures of said STDs. Oh yeah, then we got told we would go to hell if we had sex, and that if we used condoms or birth control and had sex it was even worse. But we never really got any explanation of what birth control or condoms were. I didn't know what they were until my college orientation. So I guess my answer to this would be I knew nothing of the birds and the bees until after college started and by then I was old enough to know what people were talking about and not think it was some sort of thing about animals.

19. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

hmm well i got the "your body is changing" in like 5th grade. and every time i mentioned a male friend i got the talk again. i got the "be safe and don't do anything crazy. Oh, and you can get aids from making out!" this september..and again a few weeks ago. and thats just from my family!!

5th grade health taught by a bunch of mid 20 year old female teachers and an old nurse, 7th grade health taught by a 70-ish year old woman who taught us both male and female information, 9th grade health taught by a reverend. who gave us condoms..im not sure how great my sex-ed has been haha