1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Apology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Dec 11, 2009.

1. x2x2x2x2y2

well i was banned for a month because of some stuff i did, and i deserved it, if not worse. I posted in the anonymous section and made up stories and lies. why? i dont know really. i guess boredom and stupidity got the best of me. When i first came to this site it was just a cool site for gays, nothing more. I didnt see the meaning behind it. so thats when i started making up stories. Then I started feeling why everyone, including me, loves this site. Cause its a place where you can feel safe and be yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. I guess i couldnt stop what i had started and in the end i was caught. There was a lot of talk about consequences, like banning me forever, that i hated so much yet understood. I abused the whole reason the anonymous section is there. If i could take it back i would, especially knowing that I could have been banned. Why they didnt ban me forever? Apparently they think i could beneft from the site and eventually help other. i hope they are correct, cause i would really like to help others in any way. I can honestly say since the banning and now ive grown up a bit. whether the banning actually had a part in it or not, i dont know. I think this growing up has shown me to be more honest and that you cant hide behind lies forever. Before i came on EC i lived behind lies that i made and even now i do, BUT i believe im working on burying those lies and starting new. i think im kinda rambling now, but either way, what this post is for is to say sorry to everyone on the site.

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I won't pretend to be able to accept your apology for the whole community, but if what you say in this post is true, then it sounds like you really learned something from it.

3. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think you got the message of what you did was beyond wrong, so I'll spare you another lecture (which, from me anyway, would inevitably be filled with personal attacks) on that. It does appear you learned something. At least that came out of it.

Now I'm wondering how much of the stuff in the anon section is all just made up. :confused:

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It takes balls to be able to post and admit that you did wrong by the community, and I admire your willingness to stand up and face the music.

I think what you learned, and what hopefully others will also learn from this, is that this community is very different from almost any other online community. There's a sense of trust, and a willingness to extend and to help others. And when people abuse that trust by posting stories or trolling, it harms them, but also harms the community.

I appreciate your willingness to share your story and your experiences with others, and commend you for not mincing words about what happened and how you've learned from it.

Welcome back :slight_smile:

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

It takes balls to tell us what you actually did wrong and not just vague it up. Your apology, while I'm sure it was heatfelt, doesn't exactly tell us what we should be forgiving you for. Knowing that you abused the anonymous section is one thing, but knowing exactly how you mislead us in another entirely. It's the difference between telling a lover you betrayed them and telling them that you cheated on them and the specifics.

In any case, I expect the Mods would prefer this whole affair being put in the past so we will never learn the exact details. But just as some of the better programs in Axelrod's Tournament, I forgive, but do not so readily forget.

6. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I'm concerned: apologies accepted, and welcome back!

What happened was pretty far across the line, but standing up and making your apologies instead of sneaking back in and never mentioning it takes guts. And as long as you and others learned from it, I'd say it turned out OK in the end.

And call me naive, but I do believe that everyone deserves a second chance!

Well, on the one hand, taking the time to respond to a post in anon while the story from the OP is entirely fictitious might seem like a waste of time.

On the other hand, these boards are read by many people. I lurked for many months before I joined, and I got a lot of help from just reading threads, even if I was never the one posting them.

So I like to think that, even if not all of it is entirely true, somewhere there is someone reading it and getting help from what was posted, even if it isn't the OP. That doesn't make it allright (not by a longshot, and bannings for posting made-up things are rightly deserved), but I'd never let an incident like this ruin my faith in the anonymous section.

7. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have to admit that i'm curious as to what you made up....

but yeah, the anonymous section is to be respected, and i have posted some fairly outrageously personal shit about myself there...... and there remains more that may come up in the future! It's a forum to be respected the same as any other, and apologising for abusing it is noble.

8. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

So.. it was YOU!!! =]

Well as long as you've learnt that your wrong , your forgiven :slight_smile: