1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How LGBTQ is your family?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Dec 14, 2009.

?

Do you have a lot of LGBTQ family members? Friends?

1. Aunts or Uncles

13 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Cousins

23 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Sibling(s)

11 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Parent(s)

5 vote(s)
    4.6%
  5. A few of my friends

50 vote(s)
    45.9%
  6. A lot of my friends

14 vote(s)
    12.8%
  7. None that I know of/or other option

38 vote(s)
    34.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RaeofLite

How LGBTQ (meaning gay, or any of the acronyms) is your family? Do you seem to have a lot of gay, bi, trans, queer family members? What about friends?

2. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My family is completely lgbtq free, in fact almost all of my family except my mom hates gays... This is why im scared to come out :frowning2:

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I have an aunt who is a lesbian. Also, my mother and I are almost certain that my cousin (who is actually incredibly similar to me) is gay.

As for friendliness, my immediate family is very gay friendly. My parents and sister used to say anti-gay things, but I think when they realized I was gay they backed off. Ever since I came out to them, they have been totally supportive of my boyfriend and I. As far as aunts and uncles...well my dad's side is probably not friendly at all. My mother's side is probably not as bad as my father's, but still not the best.

4. GhostDog

My family is pretty queer! There's me, one of my brothers is gay, and my dad is a transvestite (I don't know if that counts, but I'm counting it. =P). Also, I have a cousin who I'm pretty sure is a lesbian! (And if she isn't, then I guess listing "women" and "boobs" in her interests and coming to Thanksgiving with her "roommate" were all, uh... Perfectly... straight activities. >.>)

I had a bunch of LGBT friends in high school. Well, okay, it seemed to mostly be "G" and "B", since I was friends with a couple of gay guys and bisexual girls. I think I might have known one girl who was a lesbian, but she wasn't out and it was sort of an "I heard it from ____!" thing so I wasn't gonna treat it like fact. Even if it was, it wasn't any of my business. >:|

At college, my roster of LGBT friends seems to be more... one bisexual acquaintance. =( Which is LAME because COME ON, IT'S COLLEGE. IT'S FULL OF QUEER-O-LICIOUSNESS. Where are all my queers at?!

5. MissNomer

MissNomer Guest

Nobody in my family that I know of. One cousin I suspect. Quite a few friends, because I tend to gravitate towards rainbow people, though friends I grew up with are all straight or super closetted if otherwise.

6. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a fair few gay friends, but no gay family members that I know of.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my uncles is gay, but seeing as how I have no contact with that side of my family anymore I don't really count it.

My neighbor is transgender though. She's nice, but I wouldn't consider her family.

Other than that I'm all I know of.

8. Emberstone

quite a few friends, and a cousin on my dad's side who is in a commited relationship and raising a daughter.

9. Brandford

Both of my sisters are lesbians, My brother is the only straight one out of all of us.

#9 Brandford, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  10. Lychee

My great uncle is gay.

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

One of my mother's cousins is gay and then there's me and that's all as far as I know of.

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think anyone in my extended family is LGBT. However I do have quite a few friends who are LGBT. :slight_smile:

13. Parents. Aunts, two sets of gay uncles, a few cousins (plus one that I suspect), and some of my friends. And I suppose I should have marked a lot of friends, because I swear my moms know every lesbian over forty in the city. Also, my sister mentioned once that she thought she might be bi, but she was 11 or 12 and it never came up again, so I'm not counting that one yet.

I think I win? :lol:

14. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

my cousin is gay and i have a handful of gay friends

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

No family members, but I wouldn't be surprised if my grandmother or one specific cousin turned out to be. I don't suspect them; it just wouldn't surprise me.

Pretty much describes my attitude towards my friends. It was more true in high school than it is now, since I had more time to pick my friends, but, looking back on it, I really had a lot of GLB friends (no representatives of the T, though).

16. RaeofLite

I have an uncle (in Germany) who visited with his partner, and then I stay ed with in Germany once, one cousin that me and my mom suspect (if he isn't, then he is a helluva metrosexual sweetheart). I have a few gay guy friends, a bisexual guy friend and some bisexual lady friends.

17. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

3 of my aunt's nieces/nephews, my grandmother's brother and 3 other family members.

#17 Swamp56, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  18. lostinthought9

Nobody in my family is LGBT, except for my grandfather's girlfriend's daughter, who's a lesbian. Other than that, I'm all I know of. One of my best friends is Bi, and that's pretty much it. haha

19. UserName

No one in my family is gay, and I don't have any gay friends....actually I take that back, I have one lesbian friend! She just lives in another city now because I transferred colleges.

20. starfish

Oops I voted wrong.

I have gay friends, but no LGBTQ family members that I know of.