1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting your foot in your mouth. Ever done it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Mind Freak

So we all know how easy it is to end up with your foot in your mouth. Even if you don't gossip but simply state your opinion. Which I guess could be gossiping. Idk. That's all very confusing.

So I went to a get together with a few friends a new guy.

Anyway. The topic of someone came up and the new guy says that a girl that we all knew told him another friend was pregnant. I said that I wasn't sure if that was completely accurate because I think the source was sketchy. Guess who's girlfriend was the source. The new guy, his girlfriend was the girl I called sketchy. :confused:

And while I don't think that she would tell an outright lie I think that she would maybe modify the truth you know? Some people you can just tell aren't completely on the up and up. That doesn't make them a bad person or anything but you just have to be aware of them and take what they say with a grain of salt. And it's not that I don't like her but obviously what I said could have easily become a problem with her boyfriend.

But he's a foreign exchange student so I don't think he quite picked up on what I was trying to say. He didn't seem offended and I didn't like elaborate on anything or say anything TRULY like bad, although it could be hurtful.

And I mention all of this to ask you to tell a story about how you've put your foot in your mouth.

2. Nitro

I was at the pool when the topic of flexibility came up. Not only could I get a part of either foot in my mouth, but I can scratch the back of my head with one foot at a time.

As for the other kind of food in mouth, I understand that human infection due to animal contact is quite rare.

3. RaeofLite

No but I tried to put a bowling ball in my gym teacher's face... (Honestly it was not on purpose!)

A friend made me laugh in senior gym class at the bowling alley. I went up (as it was my turn) and they made this hilarious joke and I accidently let the ball go flying backward on the back swing and it flew towards my teacher...

4. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

i was at my friends work and there was this guy working woth her that looked tobe about 12 years old. and i told her " man that dude is still a kid" and she was like " no he is 20 and has sickle cell anemia."

me = biggest jerk ever.

5. adam88

I once punched a kitten. Not on purpose, of course, but I felt bad about it. I was throwing a toy for it to go chase, and she ran into my hand which was swinging towards her. Knuckles right in the face.

She was stunned, but got better. :slight_smile:

6. Yesterday I was watching old dance recital videos with my friend. The quality is really bad and it's difficult to pick out who's who. At one point a girl we both hate had turned the wrong way, very obviously. I said, "C just turned the wrong way. Idiot." And then I realized it wasn't the girl we hate, it was the friend I was watching with. :icon_redf

7. xequar

Yesterday at work, I was at the edit suites of a partner vendor company, and they had the TV on. The new Jeep commercial came on, at which point I commented how much I hate the new Jeep commercials.

Oops. One of the people there worked on the new commercials.

At least he didn't work on the creative part (he did some freelance camera), so it was ok...ish.

8. Mind Freak

Lol. That sounds tragic! Ouch. Well at least he didn't hear you! :grin:

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well these things happen. im known for opening my mouth before i actually think about what im saying and many times have managed to offend. however im still friends with people.

10. olides84

My worst story:

Me meeting a friend, seeing her for the first time in more than a year.
    Me noticing that she is MUCH bigger than she has always been over the 5 years I've known her.
    Me saying "oh my god, congrats, when are you due?"
    Her telling me that she wasn't pregnant

Massive FML

11. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i done that again today. my friend was buying a dress for her mum and was looking for something that would suit her. had an issue gettin the right size so i told her that maybe she could buy the closest size to it (i think was a 16 and her mum is an 18) and just tell her mum she could lose a bit of weight. i didnt mean it bad, however my friend wasnt pleased at my comment. she forgave me right after tho cos she knows i wasnt bein nasty or that.