1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JakeBHT, Dec 18, 2009.

1. JakeBHT

we never never never never ever get snow in december in england!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try being in Australia. xD

3. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

i gets snow tonight. WIN

4. alusernamesgone

haha yeah!
    better yet, try being in Western Australia

5. Connor22

We get snow in Ireland. Then it goes melts when it hits the ground (how? it's like -3 at night) and we have to wait a year. It's the same story in Scotland says my sister (who lives there) Most we get is rain. Lots of it. The UK really sucks weather wise doesn't it.

6. RainInAfrica

Basically :tantrum:

7. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    Last week, my home town's high for the temperature was -4, with lows being as cold as -40 (F) including windchill. Lol, and there hasn't been any snow either D:

8. adam88

It's in the negative Celsius here with small amounts of dry, drifting snow and the occasional ice patches that used to be puddles earlier in the week. My favourite weather. :slight_smile:

9. xequar

The ground takes some time and consistently freezing temps to freeze. If it just gets cold for one night, the first bit might freeze, but underneath the surface is still enough heat to melt snow.

Here in Michigan, we get snow, lots of it at that. It's a lot of fun if you're in a rural area where you can go sledding or snowmobiling or just drive like an asshole. In an urban area, you try to do donuts and some donut-munching fleshbag comes and arrests you for trespassing and "destruction of property". You try to go sledding and there's 11 gigabatrilligazillion people on the hill. On the upside, though, we all drive like assholes in the snow, so at least THAT's still fun! There's nothing in the world like hurtling along at 75 mph (120 km/h) up I-275 through six inches of snow and slush with a freeway full of other people doing the same thing!! :eek::lol::lol:

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No snow ever in Southern Cali.

11. xequar

Dammit, this thread has made me sad!

Last winter, I had two vehicles, my good car, which is front-drive and handles well in the snow. It's reliable, comfortable, and safe in the snow. And therefore boring.

And, I had an old Astro van. Light, rear-drive, front-heavy. Rear drive is all sorts of fun in the snow, too! Turning a corner? Punch the gas, bring the ass-end around. Bored? Go hit an empty parking lot (while keeping an eye out for the fuzz) and spin donuts until the tires are smoking.

But, I don't have the van anymore. I guess I'll have to get good with the E-brake in my car again... At least it doesn't have stability control or anything else stupid like that.

12. JakeBHT

And there was me thinking you were going to be sentamental about snow and people you miss!

nice one guys it snowed ontop of the previous snow about an hour ago for the update!
    we predict 10cm (4") deep by tommorow!

El
    xxx

13. Jim1454

As someone that has to commute 65km each way to work, I certainly appreciate the stability control and other 'stupid stuff' on my cars. I actually don't use the TT in the winter, because I don't want to get the soft top all mucked up with salt. But it would be ideal with the traction control, quattro awd system, and the snow tires that the previous owner put on the factory wheels.

We haven't received a lot of snow here in the Toronto area this winter. But enough to cover the ground, which is nice.

14. Connor22

Global warmings a bitch init?

15. Harve

You've got ski resorts!
    We got a dusting, but it hasn't gone anywhere so it must be pretty cold.

16. Just Adam

lots of ice today but nooooooooooooooooo snow AHHHHHHHHHH

17. Stuie

Ski resorts in Australia should be renamed Ice Resorts. It only snows a really little bit so they make heaps of artificial snow which is more like ice. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

However I'm in France at the moment and IL NEIGE! Snow is awesome, except really really cold. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We had a snowball fight yesterday at lunchtime, which was very cool. I've decided that I'm going to ask Mother Nature if she can make it snow in Melbourne sometime. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. mattypants

lies! the SGmountains have had some snow on them since the storm a few weeks ago :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Where I live we normally get snow at the end of January begging of February. Although we had a few blizzards the first week in March this year! I hate living next to the sea. :frowning2:

20. Zach

We got hit with 14 inches a week ago, and it's cold enough that it's not going to melt away anytime too soon. :thumbsup: