1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my kids home this past week...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by beckyg, Dec 18, 2009.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just had a fabulous week with my kids. It was so nice having them all home at once. We talked, we laughed, we played games, we ate, ate, and ate some more. On Tuesday, I had an open house and invited friends and family over for Christmas goodies. I had a very full house. I was very excited that so many people showed up. This was the first event with my son and his partner that some of my conservative relatives have been to. They did pretty good. Even my kids' Sunday school teacher and her minister husband showed up. It was great!

Then last night I cooked a full Christmas dinner for 17 people. It turned out delicious! I'm pretty proud of myself. Usually I just contribute not make the whole thing myself.

I have really grown to love my sons' partner alot. He's just a great guy. He gave me a neck rub, he helps cook and do the dishes, he's funny and caring. All those that have taken the time to get to know him, really like him. My sister-in-law joked to my 5 year old nephew that she was going to send him home with Adam and Michael. My nephew looks up at his mom and says "Can I?" lol It just feels so natural and normal now.

I hope that one day all of you will be able to take your partners home for Christmas and it will feel as wonderful in your family as it does in mine! :slight_smile:

2. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

yay I'm glad you had such a great week becky :grin:

3. Étoile

Cool! :icon_bigg It's great that your son and his partner has such a loving family to come home to. I'm also thankful that your conservative relatives and friends accept them and didn't try to throw the Bible down their throats. That'd been a mood killer. LOL

4. lostinthought9

Aww...I'm so glad that you got to spend time with your whole family. Sounds like you guys had fun. :slight_smile:

I hope I too can one day bring home a partner for the holidays..

5. Mickey

That's great,Becky! I'm glad it went so well. You're an awesome mom. I wish all kids could have such a great home.
    Happy Holidays!