1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets all share our CHRISTMAS WRAPPING ideas!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greggers, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Greggers

Now i dont know about everyone else, but for me wrapping my presents is an art form. I like to make it look REALLY pretty. Granted it just gets torn off right away, sob, but i still for some reason feel the need to pretty it up.

So anyone have their own special way to spice things up from the traditional Christmas theme bag or single wrapping + bow?

Here are some things i do:

- Flip the wrapping paper around if the "Wrong" side looks kind of cool (I have this red paper that when its flipped glitters all funny)
    - Wrap my gifts in white paper and stamp/color/decorate it myself
    - Wrap my gifts in Tin-foil (then use felts or metalic bows/ribbons. Mmm, cost effective!)
    - Decorate with origami (This is an easy one to spice up your wrapping: http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/Origami Heart.pdf)
    - Gift my presents in a keepsake box/tin/ect. (This year i have these cute little decorative paint cans)

2. Shevanel

When it comes to wrapping, I do the minimum xD I don't really see a point in me doing extra work for anything else :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. mmilam75

Ditto. Since the paper will get torn anyway, I go for the minimal effort for maximum payoff route :icon_bigg

4. Corny

Corny Guest

Just usual wrapping paper.
    [​IMG]

5. Ben

Ben

I know someone who takes their wrapping off carefully and irons it to use for other things. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. mmilam75

Wow - so much more effort than I would ever feel like putting in :wink:

7. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I actually wait till my mom and sister are done wrapping their gifts and use whats left of their wrapping paper(the scraps and ends and whatnot). My gifts always look terrible because of this but I can't stand to really waste anything.

8. flymetothemoon

I did something special for my boyfriend's but I'm not sure if I will do anything special for the others. For his, I wrapped it first in green scrapbook paper. I attached a note on another shade of green scrapbook paper to the top of the gift and wrote a note on it in red paint pen. Then I wrapped it again with regular wrapping paper and put a white ribbon on it. I decided to do this because the note was cute/cheesy/romantic-ish so it gave that side to a gift that was maybe not so romantic (a GPS). But usually I do gift wrap, ribbons, and personalized name tags made from scrapbooking stuff.

9. zoeee

use old newspapers as wrapping paper :slight_smile: looks pretty cool

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember last year, I printed out a bunch of pictures from the 70s/80s kids show Tomorrow People, taped them all together, and then used that as wrapping paper for my sister. The weird thing is I don't remember WHY I did it - I'm sure it had something to do with the gift, but I don't remember what that was, either...

Since most of my family uses standard Xmas wrapping paper, I sometimes use Hanukkah wrap instead. The blue makes my packages stand out in the sea of green and red. :slight_smile:

For tags, I create my own using (oddly) a CD labeling program. The CD label sheets have these generic stickers on them that are ideal for To/From tags. Last year, I did a Google search for everybody's name, and picked whatever picture was on the main page that looked the coolest - that became the image next to the "To/From" info.

Lex

#10 Lexington, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  11. Astaroth

One year, when I had lost my mind, I bought white sheets and took food dyes and sort of sprinkled drops of color all over the sheets and then used that as wrapping "paper" of sorts. They ended up looking like square easter eggs for the most part, lol.

12. paco

paco Guest

i'm planning to not put my sisters gifts in a box and just crinkle up wrapping paper around it so that it looks like trash. then i'll put a nice sticker-bow on top.

the other one...normal.. last year though i gave her about 20 fake presents that was just stuff i found around the house, and hid them in various places so she had to find them all. it just so happened she opened the real present last.

the year before that i wrapped a present in solid duct tape.

13. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad once gave my mum a necklace, but he put it in about 6 different-sized boxes, wrapped the jewellery box in about four layers of paper, then wrapped the necklace in a tissue inside the jewellery box. Myself, I'm fairly traditional. I'm horrible at wrapping.

14. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've grown so dead set against wrapping... maybe it's because I suck at it. But I usually just get tissue paper, wrap the gifts in that and put them in gift bags.

But as anti-wrapping as I am now, I don't know what to do with the present for my 2 year old cousin. Part of me just wants to use a gift bag. The other part of me wants to see him tear open the wrapping to see the present; if that makes any sense, lol.

15. step49x

If it's an obvious gift (gift certificate, book, CD, etc), I try to disguise it. Last year, I gave both my siblings gift certificates. One was wrapped with a soup can. The other came in a prism-shaped box, and I'm pretty sure I included a few dead batteries.

My brother likes to shake the boxes and guess, so I like to make that difficult for him. :-D

16. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as I love wrapping gifts, I am notoriously bad at it. I like to get creative with giving them out instead. I also like to give my siblings super complex clues about whatever I may be getting them that year. It's fun to watch them trying to figure out what they mean. :lol:

17. Mickey

Gift bags and gift boxes! I suck at wrapping!

18. rachob1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i tend to make the gifts as difficult as possable to get into so they are all wrapped a tight as possable with foil type wrapping paper, then every edge is taped down so theres nowhere for the person to get hold of.

19. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

I love wrapping gifts. There is nothing more satisfying than choosing out pretty wrapping paper, hearing that wonderful noise as you cut the paper so that it's just the right size. Then wrapping the gift perfectly so that all of the folds are crisp and the nice. Then you get to top it off with some ribbon and/or a bow. 'Tis glorious, and in the words of Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."

20. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Me wrapping a present is like a cack handed goose trying to do it. Plenty of tape especially with some DVD that I bought for someone. :grin: Stuck them together with industrial sticky tape because I'm that nice to her. :grin: Also every nook and cranny in the paper has a bit of tape on it too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: