1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a random conversation last tuesday.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by fallendream, Dec 19, 2009.

1. fallendream

a friend just told me to post this here (hes a lurker) so i said i would. here goes the conversation.

random chav; oy you! you the gay one?
    me; yup.
    random chav; thats right gay!
    me; sure is.
    random chav; i mean wow, thats really homo!
    me; i noticed.
    random chav; let me know how that works out for you.

then he walked off.
    that was last tuesday.
    apparently its funny but i dont see the funny side. but im dumb like that.

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i dont get that! clearly he is an idiot that felt the need to try degrade someone else to make him look cool infront of mates.

3. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AHHH, so that is what a chav is...(I wikied it).

Well, if you are curious as to the funny side of the whole thing, it would be that this jackass comes up expecting to say "you're gay" and you to drop into a puddle of self loathing and dramatics, and you're just like "yeah...and you have brown hair...am I missing something?" He was looking to get a rise out of you and you completely torpedoed his fun. Thus his response: "let me know how that works out." He was geared up for "haha, FAG!" but instead got "uh...yeah, you are. Hmm."

It's funny because you violated the premise of the joke he was leading into, the premise that it was funny that you are gay. The fact that you are is, as far as those concerned care, obvious and unimportant and you called him on it.

It's kinda like if one was talking about what one's gf said last night:

one: "She was all 'you're so amazing!"
    chav: "That's what she said!"
    one: "Yes...yes it is what she said, actually. I just said that."

#3 ethelred, Dec 19, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  4. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

lool, i find that funny u had to look it up. dont know why but as much as i hate chavs, some are kinda cute in a cheeky chappy kinda way.

5. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, in the States the roughly corresponding term is less than conversational: 'wigger.' Not only is it derogatory, it is racially charged. I WISH we had chav over here. You can use 'gansta' or 'punk' instead, but they both imply more than chav does. In fact, those all generally imply that the individual is fairly well off and chooses to act thuggish for style points.

Wikipedia insists 'guido' is approximately the same, which I can see, but guido has a bit of an ethnic bent to it.

6. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well chav certainly dont mean they got cash. infact most have parents that live off benefits. they aint like gangstas. well not the kinda american gangsta i know of lool.

7. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Chav = English
    NED (Non Educated Delinquent) = Scotland

But they are the same scum of the earth. They are the ones to give everyone a hard time, drink alcohol on the street corner as if its going out of fashion, smoke who knows what and give the coppers a hard time! But there is one in my school and he's HOT! :frowning2:

Most of the time they are the ones that cause the fuss in schools and stops people from coming out/ being who they want to be.

8. RaeofLite

I would have said, "yep, I'm gay." *Smile* Then added, "Well you heteros can make babies. Have fun with your future ladies and parental support." (If you're feeling really saracastic)