1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you buy for who ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Otsuke, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Otsuke

HFUFHFFBDSYEBNFUBVU !!! It is Xmas soon o.o It makes me insane 'cause...

1st: It's soon, like I said.
    2nd: I bought NO presents for my parents. I don't know what they want ! O.O

BUT! I bought presents for my friends ^^
    - A big Lindt chocolate box for one of my friend (I practically wanted to exchange the gift and keep it for myself XD)
    - A Hello Kitty cup to a friend who LOVES Hello Kitty ! <3
    - I made a box of truffes (?) for one of my friend ! :slight_smile:
    - A certain Three days grace CD for one of my other friend who is THE unconditional fan XD
    - A cute neckless ...

AND ...

- An AMAZING blue scarf with black patterns on it for MYSELF! It is SO amazing, I sleep with it XD.

Now... I have to figure out what I'm gonna give to my mom, dad...... AND....... Sister o.o ... oops.

What did YOU guys buy? :slight_smile:

2. x2x2x2x2y2

Niece #1 and 2: Zhu Zhu Pets. lol they asked for them

Niece #3: Awesome looking stuffed monkey skeleton. Sounds odd when i say it but i know she will like it.

Nephew #1: A bib with The Joker on it. lol hes only 1, so he doesnt exactly have preferences.

Nephew #2: Monopoly board game. Hes been bugging for it for a long time.

I havent bought anything for my mom, sisters or niece #4 yet. Niece #4 will be hard even though we pretty much like the same things. Going to Hottopic in a few days, so i will probably get her something from there.

3. flymetothemoon

Oh man I have quite the list...

I have two younger sisters and I got each of them a metal water bottle (they HATE using plastic ones, so I saw some metal ones on sale on Black Friday and grabbed them right up) with cute designs on them. I also got them each 10 of the Disney World trading pins because they loved them when we went to WDW over the summer.

I got my boyfriend a new GPS because his got stolen.

I got my mom and dad a bluray player.

I got my grandma M and my great aunt a sweater from Old Navy.

I got my aunt the last book in the Twilight series (shes addicted lol...)

I am getting my grandpa and grandma C a movie gift certificate. They love going to the movies but havent been in a while because they are really low on money so they aren't doing anything fun anymore. I know there are probably things they really need, but I think everyone deserves to have at least a little fun and they will go crazy if they don't do anything they like, and I think they will appreciate that.

I got my brother what I call the college survival box. It has febreeze (for when he doesnt do laundry), a Tide to go pen for when he spills something and doesn't want to do laundry, playing cards (perfect for drinking games lol), and a Walmart gift card. He is away at college now and he was at a community college living at home before, so I think he will appreciate something like that.

I am getting my grandpa M something Irish, but I'm not sure what yet. I'm going out today to look.

And lastly, Melisa (I don't really quite know how to explain what she is yet...lol) I haven't gotten anything for her yet, but she is very into musical theater, so I am thinking of checking Barnes and Noble for any of their Wicked stuff and if not, I'm going to see Wicked on Wednesday this week with an old friend, and I might get her something there.

And then I am going to Christmas Tree shops and getting little gifts I can mail out to a few friends. Last year I did votive candles and candle holders. I'm not sure what I'll do this year.

4. Otsuke

Gosh you are an elf.

LOL.

5. flymetothemoon

haha, well I have a pretty big family, so just getting stuff for my family is a lot.

I finished up most of my shopping today...got my grandpa a calendar with pictures of Ireland for every day.

I ended up splitting a few things with my boyfriend for his family (we got his sister a really cute picture of 2 little kids where one is bent over as like a stool for the other one to reach a water fountain, his mom a photo collage frame that we filled with pics, and his step-dad a photo of horse racing).

We got the secretary at work an ornament that is a girl with a cello and has her name on it. My boyfriend is giving her cello lessons, so we thought that would be cute.

I think that I am REALLY close to done now lol

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We draw names, and that's the person you buy for. We tend to buy little gifts for everybody else, but the only big purchase is whoever's name you drew.

I got my sister. She's getting the Beatles box set, as well as a two CD set I made of some local bands I think she'll like. I also purchased a sheep from Heifer International in her name, which will go to a needy family somewhere or other.

Smaller gifts:

Brother - an artsy framed photo of some CDs I took that he can hang in his music room.
    Sis-in-law - some bath salts.
    Niece- coloring book and story book. (She's three.)
    Bro-in-law - book about cars.
    Father - pending.
    Mother - pending.
    Aunt- pending.
    Partner - a Blu-Ray for his new player.

Lex

7. MusicIsLife

My mom: My brothers and I pooled our money and we got her a 4G blue iPod shuffle, with 30$ in gift cards, an extra pair of headphones and an in-car adapter. On my own I got her kitchen towels, underwear and chocolate (the last 3 items are more of a joke than anything)

My brother Peter: a hat and 3 band pins

My brother David: A "South Park Kit" that has pins and a mug and all sorts of tidbit things

My Auntie Lynn: a 4-pack of christmas mugs

My Auntie Lisa: Misery by Stephen King

My Grandfather: A book on the history of Canadian Beer.

:slight_smile:

8. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my family we only tend to give big gifts to the immediate family. I got my dad a six-pack of his favourite apple cider and a set of three different sauces for the barbecue, my mum a tiny Swarovski crystal frog and my sister the Zombie Survival Guide and a poster of her favourite band.

9. Apocalypte

Mum - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on DVD and a box of chocolates
    Dad - fancy cookbook about seasonal Spanish cooking
    Sister - money in a card, and a 6-pack of socks (she always robs mine!)
    Brother - money in a card, and novelty boxers (they have a picture of a squirrel on them and say "Don't Touch My Nuts").

Friends - home-baked stuff :grin:

10. step49x

mom - going in with my sis' to get her a book on Bridge
    dad - probably going in with siblings to get him a massage
    sis - bro and I getting her a gas card
    bro - sis and I getting him Xbox headphones

I traditionally give my siblings gift cards, but instead I'm going in with the other to get them something a bit bigger/more expensive.

11. Jim1454

Dad: Shirt and argyle sweater

Mom: leather purse

ex Wife: Selection of teas, bath stuff, and Christmas tree ornaments (all from the kids to their mom)

Grandmother: chocolates

Boyfriend: We agreed that we wouldn't buy for one another. Instead we're going to have a night on the town on Boxing Day - Dinner, dancing, drinks and hotel (so we don't have to drive home)

Kids: Bathing suits, beach towels, and airline tickets to Florida in February to spend a week with my parents! They're going to be SO excited!!!!

12. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I spent a total of $60 on my family and about $80 on my best friend. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not really sure why it worked out that way.

My mom- A body lotion set $10
    My younger sister- A showering kit( body wash, razor,etc) $10
    My older sister-Same as younger sister $10
    My 2 Nieces- 2 Stuffed animals $10 each
    My Brother-In-Law- A body wash set $10

My best friend- A refurbished PS3 $80

And for myself- The entire Death Note manga colection and the complete anime series $60

13. Shevanel

So far I know I'm getting the Pink Floyd Albums Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here for my best friend. Because he fucking needs them badly. xD

14. rachob1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Mum - laptop bag and laptop cooler
    Dad - DS game (shhhh he don't know Mum's bought him a DS), Remote control helicopter (he's a 60 year old big kid who will cry if he doesn't get at lease one toy to play with)
    Brother - IPod skin/case and a laptop cooler

Friends - Mugs, jewellery, CD's, Guitar Picks and strings and other little bits and bobs

15. Otsuke

Wait........ WHAT?!?!?!?

The ENTIRE manga colection + the DVD colection for only 60 $ ?!?!?! ..... goooshhh where did you get it seriously? o.o ...................... I want iiiiiiiit o.o ....

Well, guys it looks like everyone will make everyone happy ! Anyway I hope so XD.

I finally bought my mother's and dad's gift.
    For my dad I bought a drink shaker (I don't know how we call it in french but anyways...)
    and for my mom I got her a nice pack of things she can use for relaxation (bath stuff, lotions... blababla).

Nice to see everyone is generous XD!

16. Just Adam

sister = two crap cd's miley cyras and i am chipmunk i think or some crap she just got them off teh shelf and i said fine lol.

dad= im gonan get a box of beer

mate = clubland extreme hardocre 6 i used a voucher so only cost mea £1 haha im cheap...

grand parents ...hmmm dunno plant maybe and sumamt i can find in tesco haha....im poor lol

17. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So first of all, this thread should be "what did you buy for whom?" not who. but also, I bought:
    Dad: a slide scanner thing so he can scan all his old photos
    Mom: A tote bag she wanted from LL Bean
    Brother: Nothing yet, but i'm gonna get him either a PS2 or twilight princess for gamecube. (He's 23 and BROKE, so he needs systems that have cheap games)

18. Otsuke

OHH thanks XD :slight_smile: ... I am french and didn't know lol sorry?

19. mischa91

Me, my mam and brother pooled our money and got my dad $250 worth of golf lessons.
    I got my mam a new hat and some gloves for our trip to chicago in a few days.
    i didn't get my brother anything because we agreed not to
    and because i am possibly the worlds best/most patient sister i got my mam and dad $25 gift card for amazon.com for my brother to give to them (because he claims to have no money); even though he has more money than me and a better job.. i'm not bittter, nope.

20. Just Adam

ok i bought my grandad an almanac telling him teh future he likes that crap i think he prob has it or someone else will buy it i dont care he can ebay it for all i care.

my gran has a plant. it loks half dead :S

oh well.