1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Christmas Memory

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by carrie90, Dec 20, 2009.

1. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    as the title says what is your best christmas memory?

Mine is from last year it was a real big family affair and my girlfriend joined us so i got to spend quality time with her whihc was nice and it was the first christmas my brothers and sister and me didn't all bully each other :grin:

2. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I can't remember how old I was but it was the year I got a pony from Santa, there was no presents in my sack but there was a card telling me to go downstairs to the garage and the pony was there!
    I remember asking my parents how Santa got the pony on the sleigh and they told me it must have helped the reindeer tow the sleigh :slight_smile:

3. Greggers

Hmm.

I have very few good Christmas memories, sad as that is. My family makes me want to cry every time im near too many of them at once.

I guess my Christmas in Ontario. I was like 4 or 5. My mothers side of the family lives there, so it was fun hanging out with my cousin born on the same day/hour as me.

4. Eleanor Rigby

I have two :

The first one, I must have been 5 or 6 not more. We used to have a Christmas dinner at my grand-parents' place every year. And my grand-mother had colored glasses that I found absolutlu fantastic but that she never used because they were very fragile. And to please me, she put them on the Christmas table. It was so pretty, I felt like it was magic.

For the second one, I was 22 and it was the first Christmas eve I did spent in my husband familly. It was a big deal for me, even though I knew everyone in my husband familly well (we were together for 2 years at that time). And I was a bit sad not to spend that day with my family as usual. But everyone in my husband's familly had been extremly nice and they all gave me a little present. And I have been very touch because each of these little presents were very personnal and I knew they really thought about what could please me when they bought them. I had the feeling that I have become a part of their familly too at that precise moment, and it was a very nice feeling.

5. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

My memory is so shot from a mixture of bad memories blocked out (that ended up blocking entire years or my childhood) and my medication that I can't really remember much of my childhood.

I do remember when I was 16 though, that I opened all of my gifts except 1. I opened it and in the box were the keys to a 1993 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 that we owned xD .

#5 Swamp56, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
  6. RaeofLite

I went tobagganing for my sixteenth birthday on Christmas Eve with my best guy friend and dad. We went to a tobaggan hill in the mountains on the way to a ski resort and parked the truck. There was a little cabin/shelter in the area so we made a fire, had hot chocolate and enjoyed sledding the day away. He's been my best friend since I was 12 and we can tell each other anything. I loved that day. :slight_smile:

There are others of me, my sister and dad hiking in the hills, tromping through snow to get a christmas tree too. I don't have any one memory in particular because I enjoyed it all.

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost all my Christmases are at least pleasant, so they tend to run together. And it's weird what sticks out.

* As a kid, I loved sitting in the living room with the tree lights on, and every other light turned off, playing Christmas carols on the piano. But I mainly did that with nobody else home.

* My parents lived in San Francisco at the time, and my grandparents and my aunt both lived fairly close. Each Christmas, they'd drive to our place to open presents. So I have memories of eagerly sitting by the living room window very early Christmas morning, waiting to see their two cars pull up. Oddly, for many years, they both drove identical cars - 1975 (or so) Ford Mustangs. My grandparents' was this ugly pale yellow, and my aunt's was white. So my brother and I would sit there waiting to see these two cars emerge from the fog.

I remember getting gifts I was really happy about - I got a bike one year, and some sort of racing car set that I had to share with my brother (I was four - that memory is pretty hazy). I got the Lone Ranger one year, and I seem to remember asking for it, but I have absolutely no idea why. I was never a fan of cowboys or anything.

I do recall REALLY wanting Girder & Panel one year. It's a building set where you make a framework of plastic girders, then slap on these plastic panels onto the outside to make it look like a building (sort of). I did get it that year, and I used to play it for hours. Alone. Nobody else liked it much.

[​IMG]

My brother tells me they still make it. I'll be damned.

Lex

8. I have too many.

The Christmas where I opened my first present, and a cockroach flew out at me.

The Christmas where we had a revolving tree, and when my sister crawled underneath to grab a present, her hair got caught in the branches, and the tree spun her across the floor. :lol:

The Christmas where I gave a fake raincheck to my dad.

The Christmas where we were moving to Hawaii, and we didn't have a tree that year, so I bought a 6-inch one for my mom to put in the back of the car.

9. Jim1454

I don't have just one. Most Christmas's have been very good.

Growing up, it has always been about family. And I have an extended family that is quite close. My grandmother is one of 7, and 5 of the 7 siblings and their entire families would go to my great grandmother's house Christmas day. When she passed away, the 'open house' moved to my grandmother's house - and we would go there every Christmas afternoon to visit with our cousins, second cousins, third cousins... We'd also get our gifts from grandma and grandpa. Plus the dining room table would be just COVERED in food! I'd usually be full before we even got back home to have our Christmas dinner with my mom's parents.

I'll also always remember the first Christmases in each of the houses I've been in.

Our first when we got married in our first house, and the house itself was still pretty bare, and my wife had lots of cheap and home made ornaments that we used. It was beautiful because it was ours.

The second house was somewhat 'grand' and we bought a 9' balsam fir to stand in the living room (which had a cathedral ceiling) in front of the windows that looked out over the yard. It was very impressive - I was very proud of it.

And the third house was my own townhouse - after we separated. It was the first time in my life I had lived alone, and I went out and bought all new decorations. They were from the 'Chocolate Frost' collection by Alfred Sung at Zellers. I was quite proud of how I pulled the whole 'look' together in my place. After all, I was gay 'now'. :icon_wink

Of course, having kids makes Christmas magical all over again. But for a while I was a little disconnected from things, and I don't really recall anything in particular. I'm hoping this Christmas will be the best ever when they open their gifts and realize that I'm taking them to Florida! :icon_bigg

10. Mickey

Most Christmases from my childhood were awesome. I had one of those "true" Grandmothers who made every Christmas special!

11. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I have alot of great memories too! There were times we drove to my grandmother's house that was six hours away. My Grandma was a hoot. She made us all "sacks" with candy and fruit that we loved. She bought all the adult women panties and none of them were the right size. Some skinny person would pull out a plus size and everybody would die laughing. I can't remember what she bought the men. Maybe they got sacks too.

The times we spent with the other Grandma were special too. We had huge family dinners and have always had to rent a VFW or a Elks hall to accommodate everybody. My grandmas had 14 and 11 children each.

I think the most special Christmas was when my Dad brought home a family on Christmas Eve. It was a single mom with four or five kids. We bought them presents that year and watched them open everything. I remember feeling much more excited about them being there than opening my own gifts.

Good times....

12. Brandford

Strangely enough, I don't remember any of my Christmas's, except for last years

13. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My single best Christmas memory bar none would definitely be baking cookies with my mom. We'd do it every year, and then we'd give them as gifts to all the people in our neighborhood. On Christmas day we'd get to eat the leftovers after dinner. I miss doing it with my mom. I can't wait until I am able to pass on traditions like that with children of my own. The holidays always make me want to be a daddy.

Another very special memory I keep close to my heart would be going over to my grandparents' house on Christmas Eve. I vividly recall the year I got my toy box from my grandfather. I still have everything he ever made me. Each year my grandma would make us a sweater, and he would make us something out of wood.

14. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think my favorite Christmas was Christmas 1994. I was 8 years old at that time. That was just such a great Christmas. I remember being up practically the entire night waiting for Santa to come, and I was so excited to get my presents. My Grandmother was sleeping on the couch near the tree, andI'm sure she heard me creeping by the tree more than once, LOL. :slight_smile: And boy, did I get some good presents! I got a stuffed doll of Doc from the movie "Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs," a SEGA videogame system (which was SO cool back in the day :slight_smile: ), and the movies "Jurassic Park" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" on VHS. Plus a whole ton of other presents.

Christmas 1995 and Christmas 1996 were really good too. Christmas 1995 was my Grandmother's last Christmas, and I still love her alot, so that really elevates that Christmas. I spent Christmas 1996 at Walt Disney World, which was just amazing. I love Disney World! :slight_smile:

15. Bunny

Just, all the little traditions.

Spending the night at my grandma's on Christmas eve, opening one present early, then tryyyying to get to sleep the whole night.

I wish it was still so magical. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: