1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

health care commercial

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gin Uh Fur, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

ive been seeing this on tv for the last week

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cahvnCBVXXU[/youtube]

now i can honestly say i dont pay attention to anything the government does with anything.

but is Canadian health care that bad or is America just blowing smoke out their ...butt.

2. RaeofLite

I think in some cases, this is true. (Unfortunately). And some areas of government are trying to privatize healthcare (which isn't good) because then it would cost $$$$$ for the simplest procedures or prescriptions. But in serious cases like this, if they don't find the diagnosis for something serious early on and get treated, yes, I think privatization would be good.

Overall I think public heathcare is better though.

3. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

My impression, from those I have talked to who live in Canada, is that Canadian health care is not as horrifying as this ad would have us believe. This being said, America probably does have some of the best health care in the world. The caveat here is that this is only true for those the enough money and knowledge to be able to utilize it properly.

4. Emberstone

"And some areas of government are trying to privatize healthcare "

actually, the problem is, is that outside of medicare and schip, healthcare is completely privitized.

and shame on conservatives for having a commercial where they have a person complain about being denied healthcare. the GOP healthcare bill they pushed in the house had stipulations that insurance companies could deny healthcare cost to someone who has a insurance policy with them. they tried to slip those protections for the private insuerers in.

they also are forgetting that the healthcare reform does not deal with doctors themselves, it deals with providing health insurance. doctors are not allowed to deny a procedure to a person who needs it... At least in my part of the country.

and as with traditional conservative ads, you can bet that woman is a actress, and is not canadian. I.E. like a NoM ads with people claiming to be doctors and teachers, but they are all actors who dont have medical or educational credentials.

of course, political commercials in general are like that, regardless who is making them.

this is a scare tactic attacking not the reform, but misrepresenting things that arent being touched by the reform to scare the uninformed.

5. 507bro

I really don't get it. What happen when people get laid off
    from work. They can't play health insurance, and when they
    have a serious health problem they can't pay for the treatment.

6. Greggers

Canadian Health Care is not that bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

In fact, if i had to pay for EVERYTHING myself when it comes to health care, i would be so fucked. Im in university, i dont have the money for it. For everyday problems, our Health Care is a livesaver. Seeing as my family is constantly in and out of the hospital, i have no compaints with the system. Even on busy days like Halloween, when i broke my arm one year, the job gets done and i get better.

Sure, for some larger, more rare procedures, the Canadian System lacks. But its still not anything like these "Shock" ad's want you to think! The best part is the American plan's for health care would not be like our system. It would be closer to our system, but not our system. Cant look upon us to see how yours will work out.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

Why would you blame a whole group of people for 1 agency's ad? Seriously, I'm a conservative and I can't stand propaganda-style advertisements.

#7 Swamp56, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  8. Ben

Ben

And she couldn't go to a private Canadian hospital…?