1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Clubs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Micah, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Micah

Ok, I'm going to an underage gay club next tuesday with a bunch of friends and to be perfectly honest my feelings are a mixture of nerves and excitement. But overall, I think it'll be pretty good.

One thing I've discovered is that this (really cute) guy from my school who has a locker near mine, is going to be there. He doesnt know I know, so it should be a suprise :wink:

Anyway, the point of this thread: For those of you who have been to a gay club (either under or overage) what did you think? How was it? And most importantly, how did u cope with dancing? lol, out of everything, dancing is what I look forward to the least.

2. Jordano

I've only been to one gay club and that was when I took at trip across the country because where I'm from there aren't any and I knew a really cute gay guy there so he treated me out. It was a blast - I loved it! Cute guys everywhere, dancing, sweating, no shirts, making out in the corner - plus I LOVE dancing and music so I would give gay clubs an 11 out of 10! :icon_bigg Course it was an underage one so who knows how I'd feel about ones with way older men in them?

3. JonB321

Gay clubs are just like straight clubs, only way more men... oh, and you'll probably get hit on WAY more. They're a lot of fun, and you don't have to dance if you don't want to. But either way, most people wont be paying attention to how you dance, and it will be dark, so they wont really be able to see you dancing. Also, make sure you don't get yourself into a weird situation with a creepy guy hitting on you... if you're not comfortable, just say so, because otherwise, he wont go away. That's just my advice. Oh, and if you see a really cute guy, don't be afraid to go up and talk to him. Good luck and have fun!

4. Aaron

Aaron Guest

I know people who absolutely love clubs. But then there are people like me, who have no desire to even go once. I'm just not into the whole concept of it. But, have fun, and be sure and talk with that cute guy who is near your locker. :icon_bigg

5. goratrix

Never been to any myself, nor I intend to ever go (perhaps eventually someone will get me to do it, since I proved more than once that there are some people that can really get me to stop thinking). All I can say is Have fun :slight_smile:

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'd probably feel outclassed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I was going to say just drink enough and you should be fine with the dancing but... I guess that's not gonna cut it, huh?

I think the key to dancing is to get into a mental state where you really do not care about how you look to other people. That can be tricky but it can be done, and usually the better the time you're having, the easier it'll be to do.

Clubs can be a lot of fun with the right group of people and the right attitude going in. My personal key to the right attitude is just to be focussed on having a good time, not "getting noticed" or "finding someone." Go in open but not expecting anything specific.

Sometimes I just spend half the night watching people who are amazing dancers. (Especially if they're cute. *grin*) That's how I learned to dance: total copying of people who I thought were (far) more talented than me.

Hope you have a great time!

8. Micah

Thanks guys. I'm pretty excited about it, I'll let you all know how it goes.

9. BlackCherryBLN

It's only dificult the first 250 times...

Don't believe my heading. It's not true.

But what is true is the strange feeling when entering a gay club or bar for the first time - I remember feeling that something else is ending, and something new is starting, because I had to pull all my courage to go in there - and then, there were lots of other people that did exactly the same...

And for me this idea helped tremendously - they all come here (wherever you are) for the same reason as yourself. To be there with common minded people, to have fun, to meet people etc. So practically, you already have a ice breaker ready when you need one :wink:.

Secondly, the moment you start feeling self-conscious, that is the moment where it doesn't work anymore. You have to be confident about yourself, and then other people will notice you to. It is always the same story - when people see you are okay (self confident), they will feel okay as well.

So, relax as much as possible, and enjoy every minute - and be sure to tell us how it went!

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Exactly. It's the realisation that here are loads of other guys - many of whom just look like perfectly ordinary guys - who are here for the same reason as you. These people have all gone through that dreaded first visit to a gay club and have gone through (or are going through) the coming out process.

For me it was a realisation that I was not alone, was not a freak - and was quite an important step in the coming-out process.

11. Micah

Ok, I'm sooo tired from last night, but I'll try and construct a proper post :slight_smile:. I had the most amazingly awesome time ever! I seriously didn't think I would get into it at all, but my mate pulled me onto the dance floor and I went all out.

In the end I decided to meet up with the guy from my school before the event and he came with me and my friends. Afterwards he crashed at my house (don't worry, we didnt get up to *too* much mischief :wink:)

And we started dancing to a novelty song, by hilary duff (oh god) but it was the one with her sister 'our lips are sealed' talking about how they do care about what other people say about them. And as Paul said, it was the final realisation was I was no different to all the people dancing around me. I felt proud to be gay.

Anyway, just thought I'd let you guys know how awesome it went. Thanks for all you advice, especially about dancing, it helped more than you know.

Dave

12. nisomer

Well it sounded like you had some fun! :eusa_danc I wish I could dance half as good as the smiley on the left...lol