1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kwanzaa? :/

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rainemc, Dec 29, 2009.

1. rainemc

Being that it is Kwanzaa until the first of January i figured I'd post this. Who celebrates this holiday? I've never met anyone that does and I'd love to hear about it from a person that does celebrate it or at least knows someone that does. What is it like? Does it make you feel in touch with your roots? What kind of presents do you get?
    For those of you that haven't heard of this holiday it was created in the 60's by Ron Karenga and it celebrates African heritage. For further information you can visit this page... http://www.officialkwanzaawebsite.org/index.shtml ...or you can look it up in a search engine or the library.
    Also, for those of you who don't celebrate the holiday feel free to chime in. What are your thoughts and feelings about this holiday.

#1 rainemc, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. 71390S

71390S Guest

I don't know anyone who celebrates this holiday either.

As far as different religions go...

My boyfriend has some african descent relatives, and they celebrate voudo (SP? voodoo), which is a mixture of catholicism and haitian beliefs, I think. It's pretty neat how he explained it.