1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Information About Friday's Unfortunate Airplane Event

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Revan, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope it's okay to post this on here, but it's an elephant in the room in my opinion that I feel should be brought up. If I'm in the wrong for posting this, I apologize.

So recent news has apparently surfaced that the CIA had interviewed the father of the man who had the underwear bomb weeks prior to the failed attempt. They filed a report about it, however due to what I can only assume must be foolishness, didn't circulate it around and as a result what should have prevented the man from entering even the security checkpoint, instead had him all the way in his seat on the plane.

Just thought you should know what I heard on ABC News.

2. ANightDude

Heard this too. My God, isn't this the foolishness that lead us to 9/11? When something like this happens it HAS to be circulated. If this plot actually went off well, so many innocent people would have lost their lives. The CIA needs a good slap in the face after this one.

3. starfish

Honestly there are very few media sources that I trust anymore to present the complete story.

I am pretty sure there will be an inquiry into this by the US Federal government, and likely other governments. Until I read these reports I don't have anything credible to base my opinion on.

4. mmilam75

The Washington Post reported that even the White House is saying that this is the case...that information wasn't shared between agencies, and that this could have been prevented and the guy kept off any airplane in the first place. Clearly, intelligence reform still has a long way to go.

5. ANightDude

So maybe Al-Quida is right when they say that U.S. Security was just proven to be a joke. I certainly don't feel so safe anymore...

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Obama himself has called it a systematic mistake. If he is even saying the CIA fucked up, then I believe it.

7. 71390S

71390S Guest

Wasn't the plane coming from overseas, and they don't have security like the US does?

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nope. It was heading out from Detroit.

9. 71390S

71390S Guest

So they landed in detroit from overseas, and went through security and he stillllllllll got on?

Figures. I always forget to take my pepper spray out of my carry on bag, and security NEVER checks or takes it away from me.