1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why on Earth is looking for jobs such a drag!?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mind Freak, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Mind Freak

Gosh! It sucks. : (
    I've been all over town looking for a job opening and all I get is "you can fill out an application but we're not hiring." :\

It's incredibly frustrating because I've been filling out application after application and who knows when a job opening will happen? I could have a new forehead wrinkle by then! Lol. Oh well. I'll just hope for the best and keep turning in applications.

But on the bright side I know my social security number now! :grin: Haha.

2. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

That's what happens when people think the economy is terrible.

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For you Americans, remove "people think" from that sentence.

4. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

i got lucky and found my 2nd job at the website snagajob.com

companies use it to list jobs. its legit and everything so you have nothing to worry about.

i am using it again to find another job. im having the same issue...i can apply but no one is hiring.

i cant even work fast food. v_v

5. ok455

Check out Indeed.com its a good job website

I hate to say it but its going to be very hard for teenagers to find a job. Even crappy jobs that people would never do in a million years is going to be hard to get.

check out McDonalds they usually do that open house day on the spot interviews

#5 ok455, Jan 1, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  6. Meii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Before I found my job in June, I was out of a job for 9 months, my last job had fucked me over and let me go and made sure I couldn't get unemployment.

I had two cashier jobs and I was a office assistant for almost a year, and with all that experience NO ONE wanted me. I had to pull strings to get my current job.

The economy is pretty bad right now, we're falling into a Depression, if you just watch the news you would know. Highest crime in forever,highest employment rate in awhile... it's showing.

You're gonna have to try and find a job outside of your town sadly :/ It takes me a half hour to an hour to get to mine.

7. Mind Freak

Ugh. I know. I really want something closeish though. Oh well.
    And yeah; economic down turns suck. Clearly. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting.

But I'll keep trying and thanks for putting in the job search engines! I appreciate it. : )

8. Hoppip

The teen unemployment rate is about 25.5% last August, says Bureau of Labor Statistics. (See 'Both sexes 16 to 19')

So yes, bummer. I'm sorry though, and I hope you can find something soon! ^_^