1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by AsrielGoat, Jan 2, 2010.

1. AsrielGoat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, we've hit 2010. And.... 50 years ago we thought we would have cars that could fly by now. But we were wrong, we got other fancy things. Cell phones, Ipods, etc.

But what about 2015? What do you think will happen by then?

I personally think that we won't need cords for the computer anymore. We will have invented a way to transmit energy without any cords, batteries, or anything that gives your stuff energy.

What do YOU think?

2. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    I think that science will have found out how to do a test tube baby for two males that incorporates both of their genetic information

3. pteen

well:
    1 They do hav this one flying car but it's not on the market yet.

2 I've thought about finding a way to transmit energy wirelessly when i was like 6 but it seemes like too much work so i waited till i was ten 2 research it. The most boring thing i've ever tried 2 do xD

3 I think we'll probably be living on mars lol

4. Étoile

There won't be a 2015 because of 2012. :lol:

Technology would improve, but I think it won't be anything drastically different.

5. GhostDog

I hope that electric and hybrid cars will have seen enough of a lowering in cost of production that they're more widely available and cheaper!

Also, cell phones and MP3 players will be the width of a sheet of paper. >:| I can see it now, "The new iPhone! Also doubles as a razor!"

6. RaeofLite

I still want a "gaydar gun". They should actually invent a mini one that looks like a pez dispenser or something (so it won't look like a weapon) and scans someone to see if they're "not straight", "queer", "gay or lesbian". :grin:

7. partietraumatic

i dont think much will change by 2015, its only 5 years, there won't be any huge advances i don't think.

By 2015 tho i think we will be able to treat cancer much more effectively, through knowledge of genes and gene therapy. I just read an article about how they are starting to be able to decide how to treat one particular type of cancer (cant remember which type specifically) by looking at somebodys dna. So i think that might be one big change, the advancement of the use of specific medical treatment based on somebodys genetic makeup.

Also i would like the gaydar gun mentioned above :grin:

8. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

realistically i cant see anything amazing happen technology wise. i think more environmentaly friendly things will increase like what ghostdog said. i mean renault are going all out with their range of environmentally friendly cars this year.

9. I think most technological advancements will be in the fields of energy and communications. But it's only five years, so I really don't think anything huge is going to change.

Hell no. Why would you want to make even easier for people to discriminate against LGBT people?

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I think we will advance in the field of science hopefully for the better like advances in curing cancer or something but probably they will figure out how to fit a million songs onto one Ipod

11. partietraumatic

and we'll all go out and buy it, even tho our current ipods are more than big enough for all the songs we have :lol:

12. GhostDog

Ah, but ONLY if it also can tell what their single/not single status is. =P

OOH! I have also read that they are working on house shingles that are all tiny, individual solar panels. I think it'd be awesome if green technology progresses to the point where they're actually more cost-effective to use than conventional modes of energy-makin'. Lots of houses covered in solar panels, powered by wind, solar, hydropower, geothermal energy and what have you. Then we could charge our electric cars without a huge carbon footprint. =P I hope the trend towards more environmentally-friendly vehicles bleeds over into the trucking industry, too. I think natural-gas fueled 18 wheelers are supposedly less environmentally awful than what we have now. (Either way, it'll reduce foreign oil dependence.)

AND ALSO MAYBE THEY WILL STOP CHARGING MORE FOR RECYCLED PRODUCTS THAN STUFF MADE OUT OF VIRGIN PAPER/PLASTIC/METAL/WHATEVER. >:[ I buy recycled notebooks because I support it, but augh! It shouldn't be more expensive! More people would buy recycled products if they were ACTUALLY CHEAPER.

Man, I am such a treehugger.

#12 GhostDog, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

That'd be cool =] but won't the babies be all male?

----------

I think just new "Green" technology would be created and of course consoles etc etc =]

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *slaps* No....nnnnnno. Bad boy, no 2012 talk as we already have too many idiots thinking its real, I don't want to see that talk here on EC. So no :slight_smile:

And for 2015....hmm...I am hoping for the test tube baby or just some way for me and my partner to have a kid that is both of ours.

Oh and some technology advancements...

And maybe if we get lucky, we'll also have a cure for something or other by then hopefully.

15. Connor22

sorry mate but they've beat u to it on the transmitting energy thing and we won't have landed on mars by 2015, the moon definatly though (unless Obama screws NASA and the ESA doesn't go anywhere without NASA)
    I'm hoping for an Orbital Elevator. That would be cool and it would mean cheap space holidays for all YAAY(!)(!)(!)

16. Étoile

Revan46, you can't esacpe the truth! 2012 is near! Drain out your bank account and spend it all of cupcakes! :icon_bigg

I think a cure for HIV/AIDS will be made available by 2015 or at least a few years after. There seems to be more progress in curing the virus than cancer.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this one:

More states legalizing same-sex marriage. Who knows, maybe by the middle of the decade, the majority of the states will legalize it.

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By 2015 we'll also find out whether or not California will have same-sex marriage again as the federal court will obv have finished deciding by then (well actually they'll have finished their decision in four months, and it begins in 9 more days)

18. Males= XY
    Females= XX

So all babies derived from a two-eggs-no-sperm method would be female, but from a two-sperm-no-eggs method, you'd get a ratio of 1:2:1 of XX:XY:YY. Which leads to wondering what exactly would result from having YY chromosomes and whether or not it's viable. This is assuming the theoretical method would use sperm and not a somatic cell.

19. starfish

Actually no.

Men have an X and a Y chromosome. Sperm have either one of these but not both.

Since XX = female and XY = male, it is entirely prossible for 2 men to produce a female. Provided that said scientific advances are made.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm except for the fact that what makes them men is the Y chromosome. So two men reproducing would cause YY. The female is what gives the X chromosome in men.