1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long did it take from being out to having a boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holmes, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Holmes

I started coming out around November '08, and I still haven't had a boyfriend. I retrospectively ascribed my lack of success with girls to my being gay, but I haven't had much luck with boys either. I thought there could be something sometimes, but nothing's happened. I should really start going out to gay bars, shouldn't I? But it's not as if there aren't plenty of gay boys around college, and I don't really like clubbing.

2. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well im not actually out yet but i can say there is maybe no rush to go get a boyfriend. im sure that in time you will meet someone.

3. tokwa

Be yourself and take time and don't be desperate. Love comes when you least expect it

4. dude99

dude99 Guest

5. starfish

I've been out a year, and I don't have a boyfriend. I've done some dating without much success. It takes time.

It takes time and to be honest I haven't been trying all that hard either. Part of it is that I don't want a relationship right now.

6. grapevine fires

I can't remember how long I've been out… a year or two… I haven't had a girlfriend until recently. It was the second shortest relationship I've ever had XD

I found that once I was comfortable with being single and happy, the ladies just flocked to me… I'm hoping it will happen again soon, now that I'm single again.

7. partietraumatic

i had a boyfriend before coming out to anyone.

Since i've come out to my friends i've had nothing.

Go figure :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. SRSLYMARK

I started coming out in May 2007 and had a boyfriend that September. Bear in mind we were together for all of three weeks, though. :slight_smile:

9. Emberstone

Is a relationship you force yourself into going to truly matter in the end. dont fret if you dont have a boyfriend yet. having a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship rarely ever is worth it.

10. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It took me like a year to find mine. But to be perfectly honest, I was open to all possibilities but I never specifically looked for one.

11. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    that, and most of the population is still identified as heterosexual. you're kinda working with a lake in comparison to a sea.

12. Holmes

I do realize that. I did see a boy for a few weeks, my sister had told me that he thought quite a lot of me, she'd heard from her boyfriend. Not that she was recommending him to me. I didn't think much of him, and was just going to go out with him for the sake of it. When I realized that, I decided against.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I've just felt a little lonely of late, in the way that I'd know having someone would make a difference for me.

13. Apocalypte

I've had one girlfriend and I've been sorta-out since 2004 and out to almost everyone since 2005... but then again, I'm painfully shy. :frowning2:

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started coming out at the end of 2008, and slightly more than one year later, there’s not a boyfriend in sight. I’m not really unhappy about that, though. It really took some time being more and more comfortably out. If I had tried anything sooner, it might have broken down because I wouldn’t have been entirely adjusted to the idea of having a boyfriend. I’m slowly getting the idea that now might be the time to look for one, but I’m not in a hurry.

I don’t think you should necessarily go for the clubs, though. If it’s one-night stands you want, they’re great, but real boyfriends are harder (though by no means impossible) to find there. Maybe it’s best to see if your college has a GLBT society that you could join. It would allow you to meet gay people in a normal setting. Maybe there is someone there with whom it clicks. And if not, then you would still make some GLBT friends out of it.

15. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been out to the majority for three years and I still haven't had a relationship. I don't know anyone else who's been out this long and hasn't found someone yet, and it's been long enough for me that I seriously doubt it's going to happen at all.

16. flymetothemoon

I have a girlfriend and I'm not out yet, but that girlfriend is what led me to realize I was bi...I never considered it until I realized my attraction to her...but everyone is different, though, so don't feel bad for not having had a boyfriend yet. It will happen when it is time.

17. RaeofLite

I had a girlfriend when I was out to some close friends but not everyone. And then I came out to everyone.

18. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three years? Something like that.

Lex

19. -Michael-

About 2 months after I came out I had a boyfriend.

It didnt last long as it meant nothing but... I don't think it matters how long you've been out

I know straight people who have never been in a relationship.

20. GoBabyGoGo

ive been out for a year, and nope, no boyfriend :slight_smile: