1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever have a day where...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pikachu1, Jan 3, 2010.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Anyone ever have a day where you are just glad to be gay? Recently for some reason I had a day where I was just sitting there and thought to myself "I'm very happy to be gay." Dunno why but anyone else ever have these kind of days? Post your stories.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sing if you're glad to be gay.
    Sing if you're happy that way.

I'd post the song, but despite the chorus, it's actually kinda depressing.

And I'm happy I'm gay almost every day. I like guys, and I like liking guys. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. mattypants

i was sitting in the car when i had one of those days a few months back

realized liking guys fit me just fine and i was totally happy with it :slight_smile:

4. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

As scary and horrifying as it is having just begun the process of coming out, I don't think I would have it any other way.

5. Connor22

Amen :slight_smile:

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I have those moments all the time. It feels so normal now and think back to when I tried to make out that I wasn't and that didn't feel like this does!

7. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

im glad to be queer. most days. ^_^

8. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just about all the time. Like, I wouldn't want to give up drooling over the Hot Guy Game...seriously, like, ugh.

:icon_bigg

Or the license to *fabulous* every once in a while. :icon_wink

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One day I was working at the park and all my coworkers gay that day. We spent the day checking out guys and just hanging out. Best gay day ever!

10. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I'm happy being a lesbian most days but one perticular day I remember was in high school and this discusting vile sexist pig who thought he was Gods gift to women transfered into my class everytime I looked at him and his smugness I just thought "I'm so glad I'm gay"

11. RaeofLite

I've had a few times:

Going to the pharmacy with straight or bi girl friends for... pregnancy tests. While I was supportive and thought "I hope it's not positive for them" I was also secretly going, "God, am I lucky on this aspect..."

Seeing all the jerks hit on female friends makes me glad I'm interested in ladies as well.

Although of course I get days where I'm like "Why can't I be straight or bi?" But I think those are getting less and less. :slight_smile:

12. I'm certainly not out and proud by any means, but it's a part of me that will never change. I won't try to repress it. I'm fine just the way I am.

Come as you are.

13. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i have a song for that

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDlXN92Z8iQ[/YOUTUBE]

14. GhostDog

Amen. My friend's had a few pregnancy scares and I, while supportive, am thinking how glad I am that it's probably not ever gonna be a problem for me. =P I definitely want kids someday, but I can't say I like the idea of surprise pregnancies.

And yesh, I like ladies and I am pleased that I like them, because the world is full of loverly wimminz. <3 But I know I'd feel that way about dudes if they were my preference!

So mostly I'm glad that I'm okay with being queer, glad that my family's okay with it, and glad that I finally figured out why I've felt "off" for so many years. Figuring myself out was like finding out I'd been trying to put together a puzzle with half of the pieces missing. So sometimes I'll just revel in the fact that the confusion and self-loathing is behind me, I know who I am and what makes me happy, and that I can get away with short hair without giving a shit how dykey it looks. =P

15. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whenever I see a hot guy.

16. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

There haven't been many specific days with specific moments that made me say, "I am glad to be gay," but there are certain things about being gay that make me thankful for who I am. One is the fact that it was a hardship for me, and that hardship made me a better person in the end. Another is that it grants me membership into an awesome group of people (the gay community), and since human beings are social animals, any excuse to be a member of a community is a good thing to me.

Still, the biggest benefit I have gotten out of being gay is that the lack of romantic opportunities in high school means I was able to focus on my school work, rather than being out all day chasing tail. By the time I did enter a relationship, I had everything worked out so it didn't mess with my schedule and my grades. Thanks to that lack of distractions, I got good grades, and those grades got me a good scholarship at a good university. Yep, being gay helped my education. :icon_bigg

That too.

17. AsrielGoat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. I'm surprised I am the first person to post the song I am about to. I'm sorry, I couldn't vid the original version, you gotta live with this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7sesyRA1t8[/YOUTUBE]

18. I love those days! <3 They're usually very random, but when they happen they're the best. I think I'll make tomorrow one of those days.

19. paco

paco Guest

i'm allowed to go shopping and like it, as well as pretty much anything else that straight guys are taboo against.

PLUS

i can also do all the straight guy things and claim it's because i'm no different than anyone else.

SO

i get to live a double standard without being a hypocrite. fantastic :grin:

and guys are just sooo hot, i feel so bad for straight guys that have to deal with women in a romantic way :eusa_sick

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I went to gay pride, and I thought "this is so COOL!" I had such a blast, and I was so thrilled to be gay. :slight_smile:

It does happen occasionally, sometimes it's kinda random.Like when I'm just thinking about stuff to myself, and it just comes into my mind that I'm thrilled to be gay.

Also whenever I see a hot guy. :grin: