1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did all you happy couples meet?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by rocking23, Jan 6, 2010.

1. rocking23

Share your story!

How did the happy couples come to be?

(sorry if there's already a thread about this. I'm on my iPhone and am having search dyslexsia)

2. RaeofLite

I'm not dating anyone right now but I met my ex girlfriends on dating sites since there are no open lesbians my age or bi women my age willing to date females in my city.

3. 71390S

71390S Guest

I met him before I went to college.

Me: From wisconsin, starting school in the bay area, CA.

Him: From georgia, going to school in san francisco.

The link: He is friends with one of my good friends, and after I came out she was very accepting! When he came out to visit her she introduced us. We got along great. When I started school in CA it just progressed into a romantic relationship.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

4. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    Hmm well my happiest and longest realtionship was wth my ex girlfriend I was with her for two years and I met her by hitting her with my car (accidently) so maybe that isn't the best story to share cause it doesn't always mean happiness

And I met my current girlfriend in the cliche gay bar luckily we both go the same college and that started cnversation :grin:

5. Eleanor Rigby

I met my husband during my second year at uni.
    He was a friend of a friend, and at that time he had a grilfriend and I used to think that I'd like to take her boyfriend and her boots.
    We saw each other a few times that year. He broke up with his girlfriend but then leave the university and I tought I'll never see him again. But during fall of the next year, his best friend and my best friend became a couple, and it gave me the opportunity to see him again during a party at my friends place.
    We were both supposed to spend the night there, and our friends gave a little boost to the luck when they told us at 3 am that we were sleeping in the same bed (a one place bed) while originaly boys were supposed to sleep together and I was supposed to sleep with my best friend.
    The one place bed and my silk baby doll did the rest :slight_smile:

6. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Online. Honest. One of my friends told me to sign up on this website because he was on it and he felt weird not knowing anyone. So I signed up and I started talking to a guy who lives near me and knows people in my town that I know. Almost six months later, here we are still together.

7. s5m1

We met through friends. We are both in the same line of work. In the past, I had decent luck meeting nice guys in bars and online. While both bars and the internet can be used to hook up, I found there were many great guys who were looking for relatonships.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was dating him, online. Though like I said in another topic, he dumped me Tuesday :frowning2: But yeah it was nice while it lasted..

9. olides84

Haha Cecile. So did you get the boots too? :icon_wink

10. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    She goes to my school and was friends with my brother when I first met her. Things just kind of went on from there. :grin:

11. Tom

Tom

well, it's not quite the happy relationship yet but I really like this guy, we met at a new years party and have just got on amazingly well since then =]

12. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

aww thats actually made me sad. im sure u will pick yourself up again though.

13. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    Through friends. Then we got close and became really good friends then I told him I liked him. He liked me and we got together. Now it's on and off.

14. grapevine fires

My ex and I went to the same high school. Apparently she had the biggest crush on me for months. I suppose one day she grew a pair (at a big football game where my "new" school was playing my previous school), and texted me (after getting my number from a friend of mine). I was going to tell her that I wasn't interested because, at the time, I was interested in someone else (who turned out to make me feel like shit every time I hung out with her), but then we started talking… and hanging out… and then one night, she stayed over at my house, and… I knew I wanted to be with her.
    She was the only person I've ever had "relations" with who has been able to make me feel all tingly. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I don't remember what happened next, but somehow we managed to get into a relationship…

*sigh*

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to make you sad, but like I said, it happens and I'm okay.

16. Eleanor Rigby

I did ! For Christmas, just a month after I started going out with my husband :slight_smile:
    But the boots didn't last as long as our relationship, fortunately for me :wink:

17. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I have only had one relationship thus far. We both went to the same high school and met through a friend I met in my freshman-year Spanish class. Though I never had any other classes with said friend, we stayed close, and I met my ex through him, who was a friend of his. A few years later, when he realized he was gay, he came out to me first via e-mail. At that point, I was still going through the phase where I was desperate for romance and viewed every gay guy I met as a potential boyfriend. He was the first person about whom I said, "Ok, just because he's gay doesn't mean he's boyfriend material. You don't need to ask him out; just be a supportive friend." And then he asked me out. Go figure. :rolleyes: It was nice while it lasted.

18. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No such thing as a happy couple. Well, at least if you've been a couple for more than a few months.

19. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tony and I went to Connect, a local Queer youth group. One day he asked for my Myspace and we messaged each other for a bit, then exchanged numbers and went to the movies and had lunch. We had a date essentially but neither one of us wanted to admit it. I shot him down about 4 times, then finally submitted and we've been partners for about 9 months now.

I judged him as the quiet nerdy introverted type with a real mean streak.
    I couldn't have been more wrong.

:slight_smile: