1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wish...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MalibuGuy, Aug 21, 2007.

1. MalibuGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish the world did not just assume that everyone is straight when they are born and have to be told otherwise by the person who is not straight that they are not. I find it strange that everyone expects you to be straight. If anyone understands what I mean haha.

2. Nicknikko

I totally feel the same!

3. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

Yeah i do. I hate like all we see in the media is straight guys and how the fall in love with the perfect girls. Yes gay people do exist and also perfect guys/girls for us too. I like MTV for putting out some gay stuff =D

4. JSG

JSG Guest

How can you say that all we see in the media is straight guys?? You live in America there's loads of gay themed shows !! In France we have (had? I dunno I don't watch TV) Queer, it's exactly QEFTSG but they haven't even dared translate the title. That's about it, not really a big show btw.

Straight people don't spend their lives wondering if he or she is gay...

5. I think you're totally right. People over here just assume that everybody is straight by default. It's rather understandable, though, when you take into account that there are far fewer gay people than straight people.

Froma media standpoint, America does deal with gay issues more openly than other countries. Heck, we even have several LGBT TV stations.

6. freakofnature

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i do wish that it was all like that, but at the end of the day, you can understand why it is the expected thing. its just how they can only promote that lifestyle in schools. i hate it that they have to promote only male and female married with children. "boost the economy guys"

7. kevinx519

i think the reason people assume everyone is straight is that 9/10 (i think thats the statistic nowadays) of people turn out to be straight. but i agree, people should wait till the person themselves can confirm their sexual orientation. itd make coming out a whole lot easier.

8. Kibuki kid

The world presumes is straight they've always presumed everyone to be straight, and if they're gay then they're just confused straight people. Its a good thing i have cable and the internet or i would never see any gay media (yup it sucks) (i should put that in the what sucks thread)