1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think: guys who wear jewelry?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Anonymous, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Anonymous

What is your two cents on "man jewelry"? I always wear two bracelets(one on each wrist), two necklaces, and a ring. I love jewelry, but I wanted to see what other guys thought about it, not just on themselves but also on other guys.

2. KittyBoy

I personally think that it can add to the attraction of a man....

3. partietraumatic

i dont think there is anything wrong with it, tho personally i find lip,nose and eyebrow piercings unattractive. Personally i don't really wear any, i wear two bracelets, but they're leather so i don't think they really count.

4. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

well i wear a ring and wrist chain when i go out. not to work tho. i think it just makes me feel more dressed up. usually i get a few nice comments cos people dont normally see me wear that kinda stuff.

what i do seem to like is when guys have the top of their ear pierced. no idea why but i like it. couldnt get it done to myself tho as i think it would be sore haha.

5. Dr Acula

Piercings - not a massive fan. Rings/bracelets/necklaces etc are fine in moderation.

6. Shevanel

I will never ever ever understand the concept of jewelry on anyone. Like sure, diamonds are beautiful and everything, but there are no practical uses at all =/ The only one I understand is a Wedding Ring. Everything else really doesn't make sense to me. I don't like the whole flaunting your wealth thing. For guys and girls.

EDIT: Just so y'all know, I really don't care if other people like jewelry or not, if they do thats cool. I was just stating its not for me :slight_smile: Just so ya don't get the wrong picture.

7. riddlerno1

I like wearing jewellry. I have my ear piercied and i wear beaded bracelets and a ring.But it has to be in moderation. Too much and it looks awful.

8. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    agreed.

9. mattypants

piercings count as jewelry?! :eek: what else constitutes jewelry???

as for the common 3 [earrings/necklaces/bracelets] on other guys, it all depends if they can pull it off or not.

personally, i used to wear 1-3 rings...but that got in the way. ive got a bracelet on each hand, and a necklace, though 1 is for sentimental reasons, and the other 2 are more "sudo-medical". only reason i wear them is cause of the purpose... im not much into "just for show" jewelry

10. Joe622

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't personally wear any jewelry at all, and probably never will. But it doesn't bother me at all if other guys wear jewelry, as long as it's in moderation.

11. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    doesn't bother me.

I do ginf nose rings gross though

12. litebrite

litebrite Guest

Depends on the guy I think. If it fits with his look then it can be attractive. I just never really liked nose or lip piercings personally.....idk why though

13. SlickyPants

Watches are practical. A lot of people like their watches to look nice to rather than be entirely utilitarian in nature. You might consider that as a form of jewellery.

To answer the original question: I don't mind jewellery on others and some kinds I find attractive. For myself though I don't use jewellery. I don't have a watch at the moment and if I was to get one I would probably just get a pocket watch or something because I find wristwatches to be uncomfortable.

14. littledinosaurs

Well I like and sometimes wear bracelets, but not like metal ones. More like the rubbery ones, similar to the LiveStrongs.
    I used to wear a ring but i don't like it too much any more.
    I have a chain necklace too, but it's for me and not really everyone else to see.
    I guess it depends on the kind of jewelry but it can be cool or bad.

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Piercings no, necklaces and such sure :slight_smile:

16. ethelred

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jewelry proper: yeah, only if he can pull it off. Adds some pizazz, certainly. Rings are in, especially if the guy dresses smart. I like anklets, and necklaces are better if made of hemp or something. I'll never see them, but toe rings are exotic and cool.

Piercings: Lip piercings no, because they get infected (from what I have heard). Nostril piercings I think really only look good on women in general. Septum piercings are a little strange, but if it looks good, sure. Earrings, don't care, but I'd rag on them for wearing something "gay" (cause that's funny). Belly buttons, nipples, and your bits are totally out, because that is...strange. Not to mention they are just begging to get caught on something (and the worst possible time).

Esoteric jewelry (for example, those ear cowl things) are not weird themselves, but I can't imagine someone sane that I'd want to talk to who would wear them seriously.

17. nickmc

I totally think that eyebrow piercings are hot. Ears are ok but other piercings I'm not so much into. As for necklaces and bracelets I'm with the majority that they are fine. Don't really have an opinion on rings though... :shrug:

18. BrownBoi89

I don't mind jewelry on guys, but as a few have mentioned there is a point where wearing so much can become excessive and look ridiculous. Otherwise I usually don't notice or care. I personally don't wear much myself, except maybe a nice watch and a metal bangle, but that's about it. When it comes to piercings I don't mind if the ears are pierced (but having too many piercings on an ear can look ridiculous in my opinion, usually if it's more than 2 or 3). I don't really like the way guys look with any type of nose piercings. I also don't like lip or penis piercings because they can get in the way. I love eyebrow and tongue piercings. I find those hot. I'm undecided on nipple and belly button piercings. I think some guys can pull it off but not all. But I think that goes for piercings in general, some guys can pull off certain piercings while others can't. I don't have any piercings, but I think I'd be more willing to get pierced than tattooed at this point.

19. Ralivar

I wear a chain necklace all the time that my parents gave me when I turned 18, and when I go out I wear a metal bracelet.

On other guys I think that jewelry is fine, there are certain types of piercings that I don't really like, nose and lip are a bit strange and those ones that stretch your ears I can't stand, I think that they look gross.

20. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

oh i have someone at work that has the ring that stretches your ear. they are horrible. i mean when you take it out its never gonna reseal cos its that big.