1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping in movies/cinemas?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkestknight, Jan 14, 2010.

1. darkestknight

Anyone did that before?

Yes, I almost did. Once me and my brother's friends were watching Too Fast Too Furious. The racing scene was dramatic, and that should keep anyone awake watching that.

Nope, I'm not. My eyes almost shut and almost went into dreamland. I was like "what the heck" when I realized that!:roflmao:

Another one was Braveheart. Sadly, again, I was almost falling asleep when the man fight dragon scene was there.

Then later, in 2005, me, ma, brother and my stepaunt got premiere tickets of that King Kong movie. It's not so much of sleeping, but all of them lost focus when we watching the show. My brother went out to buy mashed potatoes because the air cond was damn cold, and my ma and her stepsister was busy chatting quietly. Me? Hoping that the show ends soon.

A week ago, my brother went out to the cinema with his friend watching Avatar. Guess what? At the half of the show, he lost track of the show and almost fell asleep.

Guess that modern cinema shows nowadays with full of CGIs don't appeal to me and my brother. Next time if people insist to bring me to watch movie in a cinema, I better prepare to bring a pillow! :roflmao:

2. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i did so when i saw WANTED. mostly because I had just finished a 12 hour shift at work and it was the midnight showing.

3. s5m1

I fall asleep in movies all the time. If it is a bad movie, or a kids movie, I am out like a light. I even fell asleep once on a date at a movie. lol. Needless to say, that relationship went nowhere.

4. lostinthought9

I fell asleep only once in the movies. Only for a few minutes before my friend woke me. I could hear all what was going on though. It was the new Sherlock Holmes movie.

5. Mouse

i fell asleep in some chick flick. i was next to the wall and my friends forgot i was there and left me! i got woken up by the guy who picks up litter afterwards, he was so nice about it and asked if i enjoyed the movie :slight_smile:

6. Shevanel

I am heavily against this practice :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To OP: Can't believe your brother fell asleep during Avatar, blasphemy I say :slight_smile:

And yeah I did once when I saw Bride Wars. It was my second time seeing it though and I had been up almost all night. Oh and also when I saw Hannah Montana the Concert movie with the 3D glasses. I started getting a headache from sitting kinda close and cuz of the 3D and cuz I had been up almost all night. I had like an hour of sleep. I wound up falling asleep for all of the Miley songs but none of the Hannah songs lol.

8. SlickyPants

I have fallen asleep once in a theatre and it wasn't because it was a bad movie. I went to see The Lord of the Rings Trilogy on the day before Return of the King was released in theatres. They basically show The Fellowship of the Ring (Extended Edition), The Two Towers (Extended Edition) and then finally Return of the King at midnight.

I was really excited to see all three in a row on the silver screen. So excited that I didn't get much sleep the night before. It was all very fun and then the first movie started. I stayed awake through most of it but nodded off several times. The second movie was the same. I fell asleep through parts of it. I had seen both these movies several times, too many to count so the need to sleep just overtook me even though I tried to stay awake. When it finally came to the last movie I was giddy with excitement and wide awake.

All in all it was about 12 or 13 hours with the breaks they gave us in-between movies.

9. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

never have i fell asleep at the cinema. i say thats shocking haha. think id be more worried about talking in my sleep or snoring or something like that

10. RaeofLite

I fall asleep. Darkness seems to trigger my melatonin (brain chemicals causing sleepiness) like crazy... Either that or I'm slightly sleep deprived all the time and whenever its dark it's easier to fall asleep. So if I haven't eaten or had a caffeinated beverage before or during the movie... ZzZ. I've had friends prod me awake before. :lol:

11. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only once. I didn't have tons of sleep the night before. I decided to go see Spiderman 3, and fell asleep about halfway through. Usually I never fall asleep at movies even if I'm tired, but the movie was just boring me, LOL. :grin:

12. Hidden Angel

Hidden Angel Guest

I haven't but my sister did and split popcorn everywhere

13. Rikudo

I've never done it but this is exactly why we never take my dad to the movies he's out about 10 min. into any movie.

14. pirateninja

I did during "The Holiday". Me and my friends went to see it and I found it incredibly boring, then in the next couple of days my Mom suddenly says "We're going with some friends to the cinema to see The Holiday!" She had prebooked tickets so I couldn't get out of it. It still sucked, so I fell asleep :slight_smile:

15. riddlerno1

I fell asleep during episode III of star wars. Had been looking foward to seeing the birth of Darth Vader for ages but when my disorgansied friends could finally see it they chose a day which i had been to work on and the late showing at 11pm!! I could feel my eyes closing and then woke up and had missed the whole bit where Anakin becomes Darth. Darn!!!!

16. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

No way I'm gonna waste $10 on a movie and then fall asleep while watching me.

17. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

I've fallen asleep a ton at movies, I can't say which ones except I know that I fell asleep during "Two Towers" and the LotR trilogy is my all time favorite movie, but get me in a dark room with comfortable chairs...AND I'M OUT!

18. Miss Bubbles

I haven't but my dad has. He fell asleep and was snoring when we went to go see the fifth harry potter movie.

19. carrie90

Originally Montana but currently San Fransisco
    I would never disrespect the great world of cinema by falling asleep in it

20. litebrite

litebrite Guest

Nope. I normally don't fall asleep easily anyway so I'd have to really try to if I was gonna sleep during a move. Had to wake up friends sometimes when they start snoring though :rolleyes: