1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay siblings

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Holmes, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Holmes

Do any of you have siblings that are, or you think might be, gay?

I think my little brother, 12, could well be. He's told my mother and me that he doesn't want to get married (oh for the day when that won't be and indicator), and there are other little things. We were talking about Club Penguin, a site he's on, earlier today. Our mother said, "You like it because you can pick out furniture, don't you?", and he said "And clothes." He makes a lot of Lego, but recently he's started making clothes for his toys, cutting up old cloth. He doesn't look camp, but he is more sensitive than most boys his age.

Actually, when I came out to my mother last July, she said "I'd have sooner pegged your brother that way". So he really probably is. And she doesn't mind. For Christmas, I got an old copy of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, and he got soft toys of Bert and Ernie.

Just curious how many of you have similar stories.

2. GhostDog

Haha, I was in a similar situation with my parents. They had been making indications that they thought my brother might be gay long before I was ready to tell them about me. They'd say things like, "I hope he finds an understanding girl. Or... boy, whatever," yet they'd still talk to me about boys, much to my annoyance.

And he totally is gay. Told my best friend before he told me, which I found weird, but eh. And he's out to our parents now, too! So our parents know that, among us three kids, they may yet get two daughters-in-law and a son-in-law, just... not from who they would've thought at first. =P

3. Connor22

I don't have any gay siblings (I wish lol) but I'm almost certain my cousin is gay, not just cus he has ###### lol

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My sister is asexual, so we're both somewhere on the 'non-standard' part of the spectrum.

5. pteen

Same here i think my cousin might be gay, or bi. In ur story i'd probably be like your brother from my older brothers perspective.:lol:

6. Greggers

Both my Sister and Brother are Heteronormally Married or whatever they call "that" type of Marriage. Oppisite Marriage? Thats all i can think of anymore...

Anyways, Its kind of funny, I've always had this running joke with my siblings "My Sister got the brains and the looks, My Brother got the brawn and the looks, and I just got all the gayness." :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. My cousin is pretty feminine, and his mom makes jokes about him being metro all the time. I hope he's gay, that would be awesome!

Also, about a year ago, my sister said she was bi, which would make me, my lesbian moms, and her all 'un-normal'. But she hasn't brought it up since, so I don't know if she decided it was a phase or was imitating her friend or if she really is. But she knows about me and we've talked about it more lately, so I hope she feels like she can come to me if she is.

8. Zumbro

My older brother is gay, which makes 2/2 for the family. Granted, they don't know about me yet, but that letter is in the mail, quite literally.

I'm guessing my cousin will be too. He likes clothes, and given the opportunity he'll always pick a female character over a male one in video games. Granted, he does have 3 sisters, no brothers, and a female nanny, so it might just be learning from them.

9. GhostDog

I would be incredibly surprised if my cousin isn't a lesbian. She came to Thanksgiving with her "roommate", listed "boobs" as an interest on her old livejournal, had a suicidegirls sticker on her car, and all that aside? She just sets off my gaydar like crazy.

Yet when mom said to my aunt, "... But isn't she a lesbian?" they got into a big fight over it, and apparently my aunt just DOES NOT WANT TO KNOW EVER "OMFG DONT TRY TO CONVINCE ME ITS RIGHT RAWRARL:SKDAHSDSAGFGHHH". So, uh, if she is, it doesn't surprise me that she's not open about it. >.>

10. NickT

My sister's always been a bit of a tomboy. In fact my mom and I figure that the reason she didn't date in high school was 'cause all the boys were too afraid of her. <<; She's rather temperamental (in the anger way, not the stereotypical bitchy way). But she's pretty conservative (hopefully not in the social sense though if she was it'd probably be just to spite me) and I see her marrying a guy one day.

...Now that I think about it, if I get married before her, it'd be even more of a best day of my life. ^^;

11. pteen

she sounds like she could be lesbo or bi 1 o/ the 2

12. xCrazyInsanity

My brother(?) likes to wear girls clothes, and if it wouldn't piss the hell off of my dad, I'd give him some of my older clothes that I just haven't been able to get rid of.
    kid's also 7... So while I don't think "just a phase" applies for a few years, there's still a chance he'll be normal and not have to deal with the hell of being gay or trans with conservative religious parents

Wouldn't supprise me at all if I ever got an email while I'm in college starting "hey remember when mom found out..." though.

my other brother is basically me born male... I don't really suspect anything.
    (lol, god fixed his mistake when he realized it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

>.> i feel like it's too early to suspect, but. yeah. you asked.

#12 xCrazyInsanity, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  13. Gaetan

In my best friend's family, there are four boys. Two of them are gay.

14. Nodnarb

I don't know for sure about my younger sister. I'm thinking she might be gay, but I really don't know. I have an older cousin(well, she's not really a cousin. But she's pretty much family) who is semi-out as a lesbian, and a couple younger cousins that I suspect. They're still too young for me to be sure though.

15. crazydude

I have an older brother who is gay. For some reason this made it harder for me to accept myself and come out to my parents....

16. SRSLYMARK

My older brother is gay. He's only my half-brother, but still, he's a great inspiration to me because he's on his own and super successful, has a great boyfriend, and travels all the time, and just leads a great life. I model myself after him in a lot of ways.

17. Apocalypte

No gay siblings or cousins, that I know of. A friend of mine in college is one of four gay brothers though. I'd love to know what the odds of that are!

18. jazzrawr

My sister is bisexual, but she prefers guys - she just likes to go the easy way out. XD
    She always feels more gay around me, though :grin: I make fun of her for only being halfway there. It's sisterly love.

My mom calls herself an orange/yellow on the gay/straight continuum (Red being very straight and purple being very gay), so that's interesting. She also is much more fond of the menfolk though.
    I'm the gayest one in the family. :slight_smile: I don't know that any of my extended family is gay. I don't think so. My extended family isn't very big.

19. Zumbro

Same for me. Didn't help that I got to see my parents not so great reaction when he came out (seeing your mom cry is never fun). Then they started telling me all the reasons it was disappointing to have a gay son, and that they don't like it. Doesn't exactly make it easier to tell them their other one is also gay....

20. Markio

My dad's older brother and my mom's older brother (both named John) are unmarried, and don't date or anything... closeted, maybe? They're both really old, too. And smart.