1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEWS: China and ... homosexuality :S

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Otsuke, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Otsuke

Hi everyone. Here is an article I found on Gayclic, a french website of news about gay community.

Until 1997 in China, homosexual relationships were forbidden. Now that Chinese can stand those kind of relationships, they only have to legalize same sex weddings. Something that Zeng and Pan (45 and 27) had to forget because of love. Yes, they got married on January 3rd in an non-official ceremony.

Zeng said he discovered his own homosexuality "in late", even after he had a girlfriend AND a little girl. Of course, things changed - her girlfriend gave him his freedom - and he's now with his boyfriend Pan. Unfortunately, people dont stop to call him and say that he is a shame. His family completely stopped talking to him and his sister told him he wouldn't be her brother anymore until he broke up with Pan.

However, the couple stays optimist and Pan and Zeng still want to have a ceremony worthy of their love*... in the future, when China will legalize the same-sex wedding problematic.

This could be a really nice scenario for a movie.

Also: The first Mister Gay China contest was today in Beijing! This was the greatest way to prove to China that gay community was everywhere and had something to say. Unfortunately, one hour before the contest begins, the police stopped the event and said the creators of the contest didn't organize it properly. Don't forget that it would have been a really good chance for the LGBT community to fight for their rights!!

What do you guys think? Hope it was interesting ! And sorry for my English, I hope it's right. I had to translate everything from French HAHA!

* not sure about the sentence xD

2. BrownBoi89

Cute article. And your English is probably way better than my French. Sure there are a few mistakes here and there, but I understood everything that was written. So unless you insist on me correcting it for you, I don't really see a need to, because I understood what you wrote :thumbsup:

3. xCrazyInsanity

I'd like to see the original article

intersting story

4. Otsuke

I would love you to correct it for me xD ! I like to see where my mistakes are.

xCrazy: Here is the original (in french): http://www.gayclic.com/articles/un_mariage_entre_deux_hommes_a_la_une_d_un_quotidien_chinois.html

:slight_smile: Thanks everyone.

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

You do know that the police cancelled the contest.

6. xCrazyInsanity

They.. got married in a gay bar? c'est interssant...

It's hard to judge your translation, since you skipped over sections. Thank you for not using google translate though, it sucks.

7. BrownBoi89

Yeah I agree. Since I know a little French, I was going to compare the article to your translation but you didn't translate the entire thing. But you're English is fine in my opinion. Next time you wanna translate something you can send it to me in English and I'll double-check it for you. :slight_smile:

8. Otsuke

9. xCrazyInsanity

There's a few sentences I'm not 100% on...