1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's my birthday soon, I need ideas!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jeimuzu, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Jeimuzu

I have no idea what I want. I mean, the few things I've thought of aren't things I'd use often enough to justify the price - SLR Cameras, laptops, guitar amps, y'know.

Someone give me suggestions! :grin:

2. Zanessa91

Zanessa91 Guest

LapTop Def

3. Andreus

In Loving Memory Regular Member

i think you need to take a trip to athens

i can hook ya up with info on all the best places to go

of course... i am the travel freak so....

go figure that this would be my advice

stuff is temporary

experiences are forever

4. ScorpiusBlue

ScorpiusBlue Guest

Gotta do a theme, everyone loves to be able to dress up for themes, Disco, Mobsters, Tea party, UFO ect LOL How can you tell I love theme parties and have helped plan a few :wink:

5. Kimi

Cash.

You can never go wrong with that:thumbsup: FOR REAL.

6. xequar

Cash is useful, but very impersonal, so a lot of people don't like giving it as a gift. However, a gift card seems to overcome that stigma. Barring that, are there any video games you want? Do you have a car? If so, maybe something for it, like a CD player or something. Are you a cyclist? If so, the world is rife with possibilities.

Happy early birthday!

7. GuitarGirl1350

Well, sex toys, you can never go wrong with sex toys ;]

Of course, asking your parents or friends for a vibrator could get kind of awkward.

Well if money weren't an issue I'd say get a new computer. It's always worth it I guess...
    You'll use it!

8. paul7836

SLR all the way. I love my dad's. (I take better pictures than he does) What a waste, him even having a camera like that. and for international customers, cash is alwayse good. I got over 1000 from relatives. (I have rich uncles)

9. PopUpsSuck17

My birthday is today!!! Or rather...began six minutes ago.....I know exactly what you mean!

10. Jeimuzu

My current computer was given to me by my brother when he got a new one, and since he's studying to be a computer games programmer, he's usually well ahead of the curve. This computer is still a little ahead of the tech curve.

Happy Birthday Popups! Have a birthday hug! (*hug*) (&&&)

The camera is the most tempting prospect, but a proper SLR is very bulky to carry around, which slightly defeats the point of me having it. I mean, I love photography, but there's only so much weight I'll carry around outdoors.

I mean, I'd go for gig photography - I'm quite good at it - but it's ludicrously hard at the moment. Pretty much everyone is doing it right now.

I'm contemplating getting my ex to get me into Bloodstock next year (he knows a band manager who got him to do camera work this year) with a photography pass, and asking him to lend me his SLR camera. That way I can build up a bit of a portfolio before going for smaller gigs. But Bloodstock isn't for another year since I only got back a few days ago from the 2007 one.

Hm.

Might get an SLR for my 20th. Not this year, I don't think.