1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TyraBanksIsFierce, Jan 17, 2010.

1. TyraBanksIsFierce

I've been wanting to return to Australia to go to uni for a while, although to one of the cities, probably not towns of >10,000 in North Queensland :wink:

It's mainly between Melbourne Sydney or Brisbane. Melbourne's probably the top contender at the moment(most people says it's the nicest) plus it's the one I thought of first. i've stalked around it on Google Street view alot haha, and although it looks a little bit drab and old in some places(I'm sure street view doesnt do it proper justice though:icon_wink) I quite like it.

Which is why I plan to go there in April during the school holidays, with my father or something, to actually properly check it out.

I just have a few questions,
    - Would I make friends easy enough, I dont really want to go there and end up a loner:icon_sad:
    - What would be a good cheap area to live? Preferably nearish to Monash/Melbourne university.
    -Is it gay friendly? Like the nightlife and such.
    - And if you live there, what are some things you like about it/don't like about it?

Thank you :icon_bigg

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've lived most of my life in Melbourne, and I really like it here. I don't know much about the Melbourne/Monash University kind of areas (I go to uni in Geelong, not Melbourne), but I can definitely say that Melbourne is one of the most queer-friendly areas in the country. There are a lot of social groups around as well as gay clubs, and also some great youth resources.

3. TyraBanksIsFierce

Oh that's great! Are you able to volunteer to help with the 'queer groups'?