1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honesty in the world

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RaeofLite

I wish there was more honesty and morals in the world... I just had to vent because I had my phone stolen today in class. I wonder if they just felt like stealing a phone or because I'm "out" and they don't like it...

*sigh*

What do you think? Would you like the world to be more or less honest overally?

#1 RaeofLite, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. GoBabyGoGo

hell yes!! dont know how people can do things like that! if i did, id just feel so bad and my conscience would kill me! and how about a sense of morality towards what humans are doing to the environment!?

3. olides84

Sorry about your phone :frowning2:
    Sorry though but I had to laugh. Who would want less honesty in the world? Even people who are dishonest want more honesty for everyone else so that the public is more gullible.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Be careful what you wish for, because if I was as honest as I'd like to be many people would end up running away in tears. I'm sure a lot of people prefer tactful honesty (that is to say, telling the truth in a manner where people's feelings are taken into consideration). I know I would prefer that a lot of the time, which is why I'm not brutally honest most of the time.

But for your situation, I do wish people had a better sense of what's right and wrong. But the problem is right and wrong is so subjective. I mean yes there are universal wrongs such as you shouldn't kill, you shouldn't steal (which is like your case, in which I agree that there should definitely be less of that). But beyond that what's right for me might not necessarily be right for you. A lot of the time "morals" are subjective which is why we're left with the imperfect system we have where people cheat, lie, steal, kill etc. I do wish that people had a better sense of right and wrong that is derived from thinking about others but alas that's thinking of a world of ideals which we don't have.

Oh and by the way I'm sorry your phone got stolen, that's just petty of the thief.

5. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    you can always aim to lead by example :wink:

6. I think the world should be less honest. I mean, a really good lie forces you to use your imagination, which is something we all need more of. Without imagination and creativity, the world would be dull and boring. ^_^

7. bailey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i think there are plenty of honest people in the world, but then there are people who steal things, lie, etc, and that's why people always use "ugh people are so untrustworthy" and what not, i just think that some people need something like stealing in their life to feel better about themselves. honest and nonhonest people balance out lol

8. lostinthought9

Sorry to hear about your phone. The worst part about that is you can't get even with the damn thief! I'm angry for you! I hate thieves..

And yes, I value honesty. (Scorpio quality)

9. RaeofLite

Argh. I know. I have such a conscience. I could never take someone's phone without asking. And in that case it wouldn't be stealing... I can't even take a loonie (dollar) out of the pop machine if it dispenses extra change. I end up turning it into the office of the building it's in or whatever. :confused:

10. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    people do tend to have a: See, Want, Have attitude toward life. They get it in their head that only do they want something, but that they deserve to have it.