1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who the hell is this?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RaeofLite, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RaeofLite

Do you ever feel that way? When someone you don't know adds you to facebook/Myspace or another social networking site? And it forces you to think, did we meet here? At a party? Was I too drunk? Do I have a bad memory?

:lol:

2. partietraumatic

oh yeah, i get that alot :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but i always accept coz i worry its somebody important who i really should remember, and that it will look really bad if i dont accept them lol

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

HONEY! DO YOU KNOW HOW OFTEN THAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!??? MAN, I JUST TOTALLY MADE MYSELF UNSEARCHABLE IN FACEBOOK BECAUSE IT BECAME SUCH A NUISANCE!!! They're creepers through others friends or may have had a class with you was my major statistic!

4. Shevanel

Well, Yes. Most of the time its my sisters friends with facebook. Or a coworker I'm not recognizing immediately. Or a complete random.

With myspace, it tends to be mainly pervs.

5. RaeofLite

Yea, I recently got this guy who added me from North Carolina because he thought I was hot. And he had the first name as this guy I met at a party so I thought it was him and I was blabbing on and on about the party and he just let me until he said, "I don't think you actually know me". Oopsh... :confused:

6. Shevanel

^ lol! xD That's alright :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: We all make mistakes.

I like playing along with the pervs on myspace though, up until they start getting naughty, then I tell them I'm underaged and the freak out xD

7. I do the same thing. I swear, one of these days, my friendly personality is gonna get me killed.

8. riddlerno1

I get the odd request but then send them a message asking sorry, but do i know you? 9 times out of ten it is just some random and i reject their request!!

9. SolitaryKnight

I had a couple random people add me on facebook when I first started. I think they actually mistook me for someone else and later dropped off my friend list, lol.

But yeah, I had one person add me where I was like, I have no bloody clue who you are. It turned out to be someone I knew on a forum and didn't know his actual name but I had told him mine. He's not a creepy, a really good person (also lives across the ocean, so I know he isn't stalking me, lol).

10. littledinosaurs

I hate when it's someone you don't know, but you have friends in common. I know they are adding me for a reason but I still wanna reject them. It feels awkward to do so. Usually i leave them in limbo for a while before i make a decision about it. =/
    (i am currently in this exact situation)

11. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

It's happened to me quite a few times. But usually,

is the main reason. A lot of the time I've had to have friends be like, "Derek, we were talking to them all night last night."

12. GhostDog

Man, that is precisely why, when I add a classmate or somebody, I'll add a damn message. Is it so hard to type, "Hi! I'm (name) from (some party/class/whatever)!" Really? >:[

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had somebody I didn't know add me on facebook or myspace, because that means I sent them a request. And I don't send requests to people I don't know.

I've gotten add requests from people I don't know. If I can figure out who they are, I'll add them. If not, I don't. Simple as that. And yes, I end up rejecting a lot of people. I'm not sure why random people think I'd be a good person to know. :slight_smile:

Lex

14. BrownBoi89

Once someone added me and I couldn't remember who she was and we had like 30 mutual friends so I added her. And once I saw her photos I recognized her lol. There was also another time some guy added me but I had no idea who he was and we had some mutual friends. It turns out we went to the same elementary school but he was like 6 years younger than me! So I have no idea how he knew who I was, I remember his sister, but not him lol. But most of the time when people I don't know add me, I don't accept.

15. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I get nothing of the sort on mine :frowning2: Feel left out now!

16. xCrazyInsanity

No, I get the random adds all the time.

Most of the time it's the weird stalkers from last year.

17. Jeimuzu

I add tons of people just because. And I get it in return. I use facebook for making friends, not for keeping the ones I already have lol

18. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

This happens to me quite a bit, especially with people who somehow think it's a great idea to not put up any pictures of themselves. I usually just send them a message asking them how I know them. If they don't have a good answer, I reject the request.

19. Gaetan

I get random requests as well. I usually just ignore them. I really should send a message next time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. Johnnieguy

I receive and send requests to people I don't necessarily know...Generally, I will accept any request as long as I see friends in common, but I might block them from seeing some of my personal info. It was easier when facebook had regional networks, because if they are from my region I consider them more "legit." Sometimes though, from looking at their profile, it looks like they are using it as a way to market their small business...Which I'm okay with, but I will generally accept and then remove them in a week or two.

I don't consider facebook as just a way to keep up with people I know, but to make new friends as well, which generally start off as conversations began under someone's status. It doesn't happen often, but I've made friends and had roommates with people I've met online.