1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are we living in an angry world?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by darkestknight, Jan 21, 2010.

1. darkestknight

First, the wars. Secondly, the phobia. Thirdly, the anger. All seemed interconnected to each other.

Unfortunately, there is nothing much we can do about it. Perhaps, the best thing we could do is not to join them, not to get pissed, and just be calm. (*hug*)

I typed that thread because I saw a video of a straight guy beating up a normal gay guy, in a popular social website. Eventhough it's a short film, that disturbed me... most.

2. crazydude

Sadly we are.... There is so much hate not enough love and for what?

3. SaturdaySaviour

It's really disgusting. Discrimination and hate based on religion, race, sexuality... and even music. Yes, I've seen all of that. But, compared to how it used to be, we made a big progress and hopefully future generations won't have to deal with this.

Spread love. :kiss:

4. Connor22

as a species we are fundamentally flawed in the way that when we walk into a room, we decide who we like and who we hate, we then try to convince those we like of our point of view, at the same time we are flawed that we'll follow whoever speaks to us last, If we follow the person who hates the other people, we'll convince ourselves that we hate them equally. Imagine that on a bigger scale and you get the idiotic, self destructive, paranoid, insane, primitive race we are. in the words of rise against "we're kissing the ground as we all fall from grace"

5. s5m1

I think that us just the nature of human beings. For all of recorded history, there have always been wars, anger, hatred and discrimination. While it may seem like this is something new today, it has always existed. Billie Joel had an interesting song in the 80’s called, “We Didn’t Start the Fire.” It chronicles many of the conflicts from the last century. [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFTLKWw542g[/YOUTUBE]

As a society, human civilization has become much more civilized, even compared to 50 years ago. Lynchings were common in the south not too many years ago. Gay bashing still goes on, but it is not nearly as common, or accepted, as it once was. I am a big believer that everyone should speak up loudly against injustice and hatred, whether it is against gays or others. That is how we can make an impact and fight against hatred.

6. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work in anger the way an artist works in paints.