1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking in all the Wrong Places!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Dare2bProud, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Dare2bProud

Alright, so, I'm really having a rough time. I am originally from Indiana and currently on tour with a theatre that tours mainly Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and other surrounding areas. Mainly Minnesota though. I've tried all sorts of personal sites and I'm really getting annoyed. Why can't I find quality gay men to talk to? When I put on my personal site that I am looking for pen pals while on the road and someone to get to know ... I don't know. Its just annoying that there are no locals close to my age (26) that I can be in correspondence with. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? *shrugs* :dry:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! Maybe you are looking in the wrong places. Being on the road can make it tough to find someone to talk to but it is possible.

For how long are you usually at a location? Are you touring larger cities? Maybe do a bit of 'research' in your free time, and try to find out where the local 'gay districts' are or where there is a social event/meeting of a LGBT group that you could join in while you are in the area.

Maybe try finding some gay tourist websites and check out what they have on the locations you will be visiting. Maybe they would be a good place to start.

3. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

also if ur just after a pen friend it doesnt have to be near you really. i used to have one that lived in germany. we dont talk now tho but we did become friends.

4. Dare2bProud

Yeah. It seems like people just don't want to waste time just talking to someone long distance or making friends close by. Everyone is after a quick connection.