1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Insult!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pianomike, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pianomike

I don't know why i'm so excited but here's the story.
    I'm at Wegmans (greatest grocery store ever!!!) with my mom and we are going through the bulk food isle and me and my mom were making up some song about icecream.
    Yeah we have our times of humorous silliness.
    I'm wearing:

Black jeans from Express
    Black shoes form Aldo
    Black long trench style winter coat from H&M
    and a gray H&M scarf

The look is a masculine look but we are going on about how we should write a musical and giggling and what not and there was this 18-20ish year old guy there with someone and after he thinks i'm out of hearing he says "that kid is a flamer".
    I got so excited for some reason and i have no idea why, i've never been called gay or anything like that and i don't mind it at all.
    So a few minutes later i saw him in a different isle and winked at him, he then gave me this look of disgust and i laughed and never saw him again.

What a great day!!!!!:icon_bigg

2. Daniel

Kudos? Although I understand where you are coming from.

I was in a Dunkin' Donuts and some guy got up in my face screaming at me about how I thought I was a "bad assed punk". Not sure why though. His daughter called my friend a "baytch" and my friend shouted back it was pronounced "bitch!" The father took out his rage on me and all I could do was laugh.

Props to the Mike!

3. Zach1992

Congrats!

I want an insult too!

4. RaeofLite

...:confused: *raised eyebrow* You guys are... strange. >.<

I don't mind being asked if I'm gay since I'm comfortable with it. But insults? Nooo thankyou. :slight_smile:

5. Zach1992

It just makes me feel good. I love to laugh at homophobes and make them feel uncomfortable.

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Yeh, but seeing their faces when they realise it doesn't bother you its brilliant! xD I too had my first insult from a class of 20 15 year olds! Looked round, glared at them, shrugged and walked off. Them all going wtf. Was soo funny :roflmao:

7. RaeofLite

I suppose. But maybe it's different from a guy's perspective. I mean if a girl says she's gay, the guys are going to likely either a) not believe her b) wanna see girl on girl action (and possibly join) [but that isn't gay....] c) she may have less female friends as a result because they may be uncomfortable and think she'll hit on them... + d) guys will want to hang out with her but hit on her or not want to hang out with her (depending on the guy).
    Whereas gay guys (from what I've seen) have no problem finding female friends to hang out with) or another option I cannot think of at the moment.

8. Stephen505

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it's good to "enjoy" making homophobes feel uncomfortable toooo much... But this thread is nice. These scenarios are steps that show: "I'm gay and don't care, why should you?" which lead to people realizing that nothing is wrong with being gay and homophobia is an irrational phobia (just like most others).

I'll have to admit.. it IS fun sometimes though.. <.< .. >.> .. but the greater joy is in helping them overcome their homophobia!

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in Florida at a resort. I was kinda looking around checking out some of the hot guys in the pool area. I walk by two hot guys, and I hear one whisper "he's a faggot". I don't know at first I was excited, but then I'm like no not as much....*shrugs*. Anyway yeah this was me at 16...or 17 one or the other lol.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only comment I'd make about this sort of thing is you have to be careful. When you enrage or taunt a bigot or homophobe, you are potentially putting your physical safety at risk. Remember that some homophobes act the way they do because they're closeted, so the likelihood that they'll project their own self-hatred onto you is pretty high.

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Although sometimes it can be really nice to 'stick it to someone' but you do have to be careful. I echo the comments made by Chip and Stephen. Even if someone makes a homophobic remark or just says "he is a flamer," sometimes it is best to ignore it and not do something that could potentially provoke a reaction for which you might not be prepared for.

12. AlmightyFluffy

I remember in my science class last year, there was a table full of your typical white kids trying to act gangsta near me and my friend. One of them was staring a little too fondly at my friend, so I told her. One of them then shouted out "What'sa matter? You don't check out girls?" And I just leaned over and smiled "No, I'm gay."
    Then they all made a horrifyed face and backed away from us. They didn't bother me for a good two months after that. It was amazing. :3

13. crazydude

That's great that you were able to not let it bother you, not sure if I'm quite there yet. Hopefully someday....

14. Zume

I haven't yet had anyone insult me to my face..only over the internet like Xbox Live..kinda gettin it out of my system I guess and it is still extremely entertaining :lol:..its safe to laugh at them on there.. It wont be such a big deal once it happens to me in person..

But then again like others have said..be careful when standing in front of the person..it can become violent very quickly..there are some people out there who are so homophobic that they result to fists when their insults don't work...

15. Sylver

If you'd like, I can give it a try.

Here goes....

Nah, can't do it - you're probably too nice of a guy!

16. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The only insult I ever had was one time a guy yelled "fag" at me because I walked across the street. It was dark and rainy if I can remember right.

He didn't get a good look at me, so i am just assuming he used "fag" as in "loser" so it wasn't directed at me as a person but just to say something to a stranger.

---
    scarves are a gay signature that's what probably gave the flamer look.

17. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    LOL. Giving him a wink, exactly what I would have done, as well. :lol: Congrats! :icon_wink

18. AllSmiles

Thank gawd I'm not the only one thinking this.

Seriously, you should be very careful (*hug*)

19. Connor22

lol I've a habit of making bad things worse, like one time (not an anti-gay thing but funny anyway) me and my cousin were getting shouted at by this guy who had the thickest Scottish accent in the history of ever and all I could think to say, instead of sorry for what I'd done, was "dude you have the funniest accent ever"... he didn't take it well :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

20. pianomike

Thanks guys for the concern with me being safe but i was in Wegmans so... IDK i just felt like playing around with him so i winked, but if that was on the street, most likely i would not have done that.
    But thanks again guys, it's good to know that i'm loved by my EC family!!!