1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conjuring spirits?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by berileos, Jan 24, 2010.

1. berileos

berileos Guest

Hey everyone,I gathered a group of atheists and we are gonna perform a spirit conjuring this week.I need some instructions and I would love to hear your opinion...:icon_wink

2. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    I'm sorry to call you out on this, but what do you think you're doing? You admit you're doing this with a group of atheists. This tells me that you're only looking at this as a fun little stint. To your group, anything that comes out of this event isn't going to be taken seriously - all it is is a giggle.

Well, I personally think its a bit rude to take something like this so lightly. You're going to end up insulting people. I would suggest you try and find something different to spend your free time on.

3. Phantasma

If you're all atheists, why are you trying to conjure spirits? Isn't that a direct contradiction..

4. xCrazyInsanity

Waitwat?

Atheist by definition have no belife in any higher power, including (not limited to) spirits, magic[k], and an afterlife.

You're doing this for lulz?

I can't help you.. IDK you might want to find a witch -- they're usually not bad people, most I've met use it for good, or humour.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'm an atheist and I've played with ouija boards with my family and friends before too. And even though it's supposed to be a game part of me wants to believe it's real. I don't know if I have any sort of instructions to give though.

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps I'm missing something but... if you're an athiest, why on earth are you trying to connect to something that, as far as you're concerned, doesn't exist?

When I was at college, some athiestic-leanng students tried doing the same thing and ended up pretty unhappy (they withdrew from school) because they found themselves dabbling with stuff they didn't understand and ended up getting pretty messed up.

I would suggest you really think about this before messing with it. A number of people have found out it's not the lighthearted parlor game they think it is.

7. haelmarie

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Look up some stuff on magik.

9. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Being athiest means you dont believe in these things, No amount of dabbling in anything will fuck you up any more than you want it to, it's all a psychological thing. If you want to trick yourself into believing it, it will work. But not really, it's just you pretending it works. With the Ouija board, it's just people pushing the thing around or a group conciousness effect where you are all connecting on the one little thing and therfore if you want it to go somewhere it will go there. The human brain is an amazing thing, bringing back spirits isnt one of its many talents because it cant be done. If you ask me when you die, you're dead. You cant come back, as much as people would like you to be able to come back, it just wont happen.

10. Zac4

wrong

berileos, dont mess with things u dont understand. dont believe it, do believe it, whatever. but if ur wrong, n u r... is it worth the risK?

11. haelmarie

Ah... Paschal's Wager, paraphrased.

We take risks every day. Every time I cross the street, there's a risk that I will be hit by a car. A viper could be hiding in your pants. A giant T-Rex could break through your window while you're eating dinner and eat you

"But maerie!" You say. "Tyrannosaurus Rex has been extinct for while... millions of years!" (Unless you're a Young Earth Creationist, haha). "Surely you don't believe that one would spontaneously appear after millenia of non-existance and bite off your head!"

That's exactly true. I don't believe in something as outrageous as that.

Do you see what I'm getting at? The only risk of that kind of stuff is looking like a total knob as you try and summon people who no longer exist. Or perhaps someone getting themselves spooked into actually believing in the presence of spirits and flipping their shit.

12. Witch of the We

California's version of Munchkinland and the West
    Let's say you some how succeed in conjuring something, what then? to use that old Christian cliche, how do you know that what you summon isn't just something masquerading as a human, and truly something dark? And as often Would you know what to do? What to say? How to protect yourself? How to make it leave, without angering it?

Especially since you are atheist, you have a big chance of just pissing things off.

#12 Witch of the We, Jan 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  13. -Michael-

I'll skip all the nonsense everyone has said.
    As an atheist myself, you can do no harm.

Aaaaanywhoo...

A Oujji (wee-jee) board is the easiest way to do something like this.
    You're going to want to put everyone in a circle around a table (preferably sitting)
    You going to want a lead medium.
    The lead medium will be the only person to speak to the spirit. (I will refer as she...just out of pure sexism i guess)
    No-one else should try to.
    Everyone should put one finger on the planchette (or glass, whatevr you're using to point to the letters)
    At this point NO-ONE should remove their finger from the planchette.
    Under ANY circumstance.
    The fingers not only act a guide, for a guard also.
    Now, the lights should be dimmed (preferably candle light)
    everyone should close there eyes.
    The lead medium should then concentrate and picture a tiny minuscule spec of white light in the distance of her mind.
    Still concentrating she should picture it getting bigger and bigger (like the exiting of a tunnel).
    Slowly and still concentrating the medium should allow this light to fill her mind and spread to her finger tip filling the planchette (glass) and allowing the light to touch everyone else's finger.
    She should then announce the calling will begin.
    Opening her eyes she should still remain FULLY conscious of the light and NEVER forget about it yet also remain fully conscious of her surroundings and her own being.
    She should then ask everyone if they are ready and proceed to strengthen the light's intensity and ask a question. (Is there a message for anyone here? is a popular one 'Is anyone there?' tends to get some nob-head of the group sliding the planchette to no)
    Again, NO-ONE but the lead medium should talk and no-one should really be giggling and all should be concentrating on helping the mediums light stay strong.
    Without anyone pushing or swaying or pulling the medium should be able to sense that the light wishes to move in a certain direction.
    Don't expect the planchette to move on it's own accord, as the lead medium it's your job to channel the light's will and move it gently. (no significant push is needed)
    It tends to be easier for the planchette to be making a circle, the lead medium should then be able to feel when the light is at it's strongest and in which direction.
    Again, the lead medium must be FULLY aware of the lights presence and MUST keep the light from spreading past the planchette.
    Once the lead medium feels the light is satisfied she may proceed to asking the next question, following the same instructions as above.
    When the calling is over the lead medium MUST take full control of the light and force the planchette to 'Goodbye' on the board.
    She must feel the light dim/dissipate and feel confident there is NO connection left to the light.

Now, i know i've spoken as if this all is real, but to get ANY results or hype, you must treat it as if it is.
    Not from a safety view, but it makes it feel more exciting and...well just in case i guess.

Now you don't need to buy a board.
    all you need is pieces of paper with each letter of the alphabet written on them
    spread around in a circle.
    Among these pieces of paper there MUST be a Goodbye.
    Feel free to add numbers and a hello if you wish.
    But it is a MUST there is a goodbye.

Again, it's best to have everyone take it seriously, it's more fun and albeit more spooky.
    It's best to either have someone who is NOT taking part in the calling to take notes and scribe the messages.
    It's best not to have anyone involved in the calling trying to figure out the messages as they need to be concentrating on containing the lead mediums light.
    OR you can have a camera and figure out the messages later on.
    The lead medium should SOLELY concentrate on where the light wishes to be, and should not think about anything else.

If at any point the lead medium can't help but imagine the light is getting too strong, or his spreading past her mind and into her body or anyone elses body or even OUTSIDE her body, she must regain FULL and absolute control long enough to drive the planchette to goodbye.

It's suggested that you try using a board first.
    Doing a calling is similar except you have no direct way to cut the connection and drive the 'spirit' to be gone like you do with the board when you drive it to goodbye.

Have fun 8)

----------

:sleep:

I wonder why it went so wrong...

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, you're going to have some alcohol delivered?

Lex

15. Gaetan

:roflmao:

16. Amy

Amy

Unless you're talking about a Ouija board, I wouldn't advise doing it.
    Knowledge about spirits comes from studying them to a level that very few Atheists are able to (there is often a rule about who can be taught).
    Even if you do know a lot about spirits, it is still very dangerous.

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^^ QFT. ^^^

Until you've had experiences that convince you this stuff is real, your logical mind will usually insist that it isn't.

Your logical mind is wrong.

If you mess with stuff you don't understand, you can end up REALLY screwed up.

18. -Michael-

The idea of ghosts and spirits is ridiculous.
    There is nothing to mess with other than the right side of your brain telling you its real.

19. berileos

berileos Guest

Thanks for all posts and worries but we're still gonna do it,especially as a proof that ghosts don't exist.I have nothing to lose 'cause I already went nuts and I ain't got nothing smarter to do.
    Michael,thanks for the instructions,we'll put them to good use:>

20. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I don't really believe in conjuring spirits (except in the way Lex does :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

If there was a reliable way of doing it, then it would have been honed to a science over millennia of experimentation, and people would have ways of using the paranormal to become wealthy and influential by now.
    And most stories about what horrible things might happen are pretty vague, and never directly attributable to supernatural involvement.

I'm not saying that absence of proof of spirits is proof of absence of spirits, but after milennia of occultism, there hasn't been a whole lot of proof either. Just a whole lot of hearsay that could be explained any other way.

What is dangerous, is the tricks your own mind might play on you. If the atmosphere is sufficiëntly convincing you might end up feeling oddly convinced by it. So if you ever feel really uncomfortable, do just turn the lights on and call it a day!