1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My English teacher is Gay! :D

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MusicIsLife, Jan 26, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

So I had my first english class tonight, and the teacher walked in and on top of my mildly pinging gaydar, she looked a lot like Sandra Bernhard [The woman who played Jenny's teacher on The L Word].

So as the class went on and she explained what we'd be studying, the phrase 'my partner' slipped out. In the context it was in it was obvious that she's gay.

In addition to my being VERY excited about the content of the class-Science Fiction and Video Games, yay! I'm really excited to be taught by a teacher who isn't straight.

That being said, has anyone else had a teacher who was gay? Did their orientation change how you worked in the class?

#1 MusicIsLife, Jan 26, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  2. RaeofLite

Wow. You get to study Science fiction and video games???! I'd definately pay tuition for that! :lol:
    ^_^ Also, that reminds me. I should go on an Lword binge again.

I can't recall anything... but I think some of the staff at my college are lesbian. Not to mention a few guys and gals who ping my bi-dar. And the counsellor there is super supportive. :slight_smile:

#2 RaeofLite, Jan 26, 2010
  3. xequar

During my freshman year of college, I had a Communications class, and the prof was gay. He was pretty funny actually, especially how he never said "Marriage". He always used the phrase "monogamous heterosexual union" when referring to marriage.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

One of my teachers freshman year of high school was gay, I think he was my English teacher too. He was with a guy at the time I believe.

5. Zach1992

That's cool.

To my knowledge I haven't had a gay teacher.

#5 Zach1992, Jan 26, 2010
  6. elitechris

when I started high school 2 years ago I did notice some gay teachers... one was my friends english teacher who was gay, another was a lesbian, and my current english teacher is also a lesbian!
    her being gay really doesn't change anything only that i feel she knows i'm gay :confused:

7. werekid

wish one of teacher was gayy

8. partietraumatic

there were a couple of teachers at my school who were gay.

Tbh i didn't change atall the way i treated them

9. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Dude, that is awesome. Science fiction + video games + gay teacher = BEST CLASS EVER.

10. KittyBoy

My Ancient History professor is gay, though he always used the terminology 'My room-mate', probably as it was an all male private catholic school....

11. Tim

Tim

To be honest, that doesn't always mean that they're gay. I know a lot of straight people who use the term partner, because they have GLBT friends, and hate that they feel like they have to use the term husband/wife due to society, and do it themselves.

I still despise that term though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

12. Eleanor Rigby

My english teacher in my last year in high school was gay, but honestly I don't keep a good memory of him : first he wasn't a good teacher, and second he wasn't a nice person either.
    I remember there were a guy in my class who was genderqueer and probably gay too, and that teacher used to humiliate him calling him miss because he had a very high pitched voice, and doing allusions to his sexuality while he knew my classmate was not out.
    I can't figure why he did that things, except maybe to take revenge on something he had to get through himself. But in anycase it was wrong and stupid.

13. RainbowJay

duuuude high five! my english teacher's gay as well, I was quite sure from the first time I saw him... there was something... :lol:

14. SaturdaySaviour

*jealous*

Well, there have been rumours that our p.e. teacher is a lesbian... I've never liked her.

I'm pretty sure one of my teachers is not straight... Like, she always expresses her rather liberal views, she has an asymmetrical haircut and ... she seemed kind of keen to mention that Shakespeare might have been gay. :lol: Oh well, I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

15. RaeofLite

I know whaat you mean. If you're going to say partner, why not just "girlfriend", "boyfriend" or "wife"/"husband"? I say girlfriend. My mom would say girlfriend or "life partner". Yes... she's only with me just incase I have a heart failure and she has to perform CPR... :lol:

16. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    There are a few who *have* to be! I wish some would come out though...it might make life a little easier for the gay students. Also staying in the closet makes it seen like its something their embarassed or something.
    Anyway being out is way more fun!

17. Zach1992

Correction! I do have one gay teacher. The gym teacher, but she's a bitch.

18. BrownBoi89

In elementary school there was one teacher who was lesbian, but I never had her as a teacher. In my high school there were rumours of a couple teachers being gay, but the only people I knew for sure were gay were a couple of guys who assisted students with special needs and there was another guy who worked at the school who was gay but I'm not sure what he did exactly. Whatever he was hot in my opinion, he was extremely tall, skinny, and ran like a chicken but he was cute so that didn't matter lol. And so far in uni I don't think I've had any gay profs, but this past term 3 of my TAs were gay and they were all hot. Especially my health psych TA, he was so hot it just killed me to look at him :dead:

19. adam88

There were a few at the Graphic Design/Advertising program I went to, or so we all suspected. One was definitely a lesbian. She was the best, she taught branding and didn't take crap from anyone.

20. Gaetan

Here in Idaho, a gay High School teacher would probably have been burned at the stake. So, to my knowledge, I didn't have one.

My University was fairly liberal, however, yet I don't think any of my teachers were. One of them I thought was until he started talking about his girlfriend.