1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding the hotties at work

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Plgrm43, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Plgrm43

I'm unemployed and have been for three weeks. I need a new job, and have a lot of great references and work history so I can basically get whatever I want. But I thought to myself, "How can I make my job work for me?"

I figured the two best things were flexible schedules (not necessary but cool), and a place which pulls in a lot of hot, and gay/bi, guys! I am curious, of all your jobs, which ones had the most hot guys, and gay guys at that? I am not talking about a bookstore in the gay district, because I live too far from the city, but a regular job. I'd love to hear your experiences!:thumbsup:

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Umm...Starbucks! :wink:

3. MusicIsLife

Bookstore! ANY Bookstore!

This is very true. my manger is gay, and 2 of my coworkers are too and I run into a lot of lgbt people here. For the record the store I work at is in a suburban-esque area.

4. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Oh God, I hope that's true- hot guys too? Nothing's hotter than a hot guy nekk'd in my bed reading a book wearing glasses! S'cuse me for a second (RAJ looks for the Vaseline...)

5. Nodnarb

Even better is a bookstore that has a Starbucks in it. A friend of my works at the Starbucks in a Barnes and Noble and I swear half the people she works with there are gay. And this is a store in a small, conservative city. There is also a Borders store in a very conservative suburb of Omaha dominated by a military base near where I grew up that always seems to be full of people that set off my gaydar. Must just be something about all bookstores.

6. Johnnieguy

When I worked for Dining Services at my college (a Catholic college at that), a ton of my co-workers were gay (male)..Sorry ladies, not so many lesbians. Some were hot. One was a total ass though :frowning2:

7. Doreibo

I love the idea of the book store. An intellectual hottie, Could be muscly, nerdy, nerdy but muscly. . .ahh~. . .Or even a jock in deep water. . .Also, I'm a book worm at heart. I'd love to work at Kinokuniya, a Japanese branch of book stores. They cater for Japanese people but funnily enough, most Japanese people are obsessed with western lifestyle so it caters for every one really. Also, it has so many comics and manga and anime and cos-play related stuff and really cool, but nerdy and indie(otaku) too. . .

For some reason, the guy in Heroes I think season 3, the comic store guy who can breathe underwater. . .he popped up in my head. . .*sighs* so cute. . .

8. BrownBoi89

Yeah Starbucks and bookstores are two big ones, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned retail stores! Especially ones that usually cater to women. Whenever I go to AE in the mall downtown there are at least a couple of gay guys working there. Other stores where I've seen gay guys working: Hollister, A & F, Zara, can't think of any more at the moment but there are always tons of hot gay guys working in retail.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    theme parks

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have yet to work anywhere with hot guys. Quite the opposite, actually. The jobs I take seem to attract the unattractive. :slight_smile:

And in this economy, we'll see if your qualifications are sufficient. Let's hope so. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. Milord

I'd say American Apparel! Also I would avoid construction sites.

12. Echidna1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I work at a "family" restaurant. OH. MY. GOD. The hottest men go in to that place all the time. Sometimes they are gay but most of the time they are just really great eye candy.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone find it amusing how Starbucks is like gay central?

14. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Oddly, the only people I know who work Starbucks are all in bands, not gay. :slight_smile:

Lex

15. digsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh, I just applied for a job at the Kinokuniya near Town Hall today! Also, at the other bookstore I worked at, I was the only guy - so I guess you could say 100% of the guys there were homosexual...I don't recall too many hot customers, but it was mostly an old people shopping centre.

16. ScentedRegrets

You speak the truth, man. That's the only reason I shop at A&F. Unfortunately, working in a retail store wouldn't utilize my bachelors and masters degrees - it would be a fun place to work, though.

On a separate note, we have a very small food chain in my town - Stew Leonards. Tons of hot guys work there, but unfortunately, very few (if any) seem to be gay :frowning2:

17. Sylver

I am self-employed, so I can say with certainty and without any conceit that I am the hottest person at work!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: