1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi-dar?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by knight of ni, Jan 27, 2010.

1. knight of ni

So, some people are mentioning that people show up on bi-dar, and this makes me curious. My gaydar is usually fairly reliable (for guys: I'm more or less clueless about girls!), but I have no bi-dar at all. I know quite a few bi people, and the only one of them who would have shown up on gay/bi-dar is the one who is really camp! Even then, I would have thought he was gay, not bi.

So it is just me being clueless? Do you have bi-dar, and how does it work?

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I think practically everyone has a gay-dar (straight girls, straight guys, lesbians, gays, bi). It's very easy to tell that a flamboyant guy is gay (well, usually). You may think your gaydar is good but you probably miss 99% of the gay guys who just aren't gay acting. Just saying. That's probably why your "bi-dar" isn't good. Most bi guys aren't extremely flamboyant like a lot of gay guys are. So it's not easy to tell.

3. Shevanel

Well my Bi-dar looks a bit like this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG]

In all seriousness, I think the terminology is a bit silly. It's just noticing the person isn't completely straight. There really isn't much of a big deal to it, IMO.

4. littledinosaurs

^What Joey said. It's about noticing that someone is not completely straight. That means maybe you've classified some people as gay but they could actually be Bi. It's really hard to tell if someone is bi unless they say so, are wearing something to indicate such or they are seen hooking up with people from multiple genders, otherwise people tend to default everyone into gay & straight.

5. Shevanel

Jarrett, sometimes I feel like we're tag-team partners xD <3

6. littledinosaurs

We totally are :slight_smile: It only makes sense to combine our great knowledge into irrefutable statements!

7. adam88

"What's all that churning and bubbling? You call that a gaydar screen?"
    "No sir. We call it-" *BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM* "Bi-dar."

And you sir get bonus points for using Spaceballs quotes in an argument. I've only known one other person to be able to quote-match me. It was actually quite funny quipping "I said ACROSS her nose, you idiot, not UP IT!" loudly in a crowded bus terminal. She was a girlfriend of a buddy of mine, and he was pretending we didn't exist. :grin:

Anyway, back on topic. I think my bidar is pretty good, but my gaydar is on an absolute fritz.

#7 adam88, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010