1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virgin's New Ad Campaign

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RAJ Aladdin, Jan 28, 2010.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

This is more of a rant than anything but your input is greatly welcomed and much needed:

I take the bus to the train station everyday to go to school and everytime I pass this certain street I have clear view of the poster advertisement that is placed inside the bus booth. It is a poster for Virgin's new ad campaign "Hook Up Fearlessly" in which two individuals, a human and an angel, "hook up" or kiss "passionately". The campaign has done many different interpretations- one White girl and White male angel, one white girl and a Black male angel, etc. Well, the one I passed was of two men, one human, the other an angel. I have to admit I took joy in seeing it everyday on my way to school because it was HOT! But it did bother me sometimes (I'll get to that in a moment). Well, I noticed recently that someone placed a paper on the faces of the two men of the ad!!! It was purposely put there because bus booths have a certain section for one to place ads on it was put DIRECTLY over the kissing males! I WAS OUTRAGED!!! It's enough that I live in such a close minded community but why degrade when you are making progress- it was there for some time! Now, the ad has been replaced ALL TOGETHER!

I read in other towns in my city that the campaign is banned and not even for the homosexual content but because the blatant use of sexuality. And then I thought "This is such a stupid campaign to begin with "WHAT THE HELL DOES AN ANGEL AND A HUMAN HAVING DRY SEX HAVE TO DO WITH PHONES???" Kids take the bus- why are we subjecting kids to sexuality this early?

So there's my roundabout rant- it was hot, I was outraged for gay rights when that person hid their faces, and it's a stupid campaign anyways...

And not to confuse people; having two men holding hands or hugging are ads in my city for relationship agencies but I am not saying two guys dry humping is evil- but it is a silly ad for a phone, not because of the homosexuality but the blatant use of sex and in general given that young people are easily influenced that such an ad campaign shouldn't even be greenlighted

Sorry, it was so long LOL- that is my rant