1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Commercials you dislike

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pikachu1, Jan 28, 2010.

1. pikachu1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What are some commercials you dislike and why?

One commercial I dislike is the Sears Optical one where the lady is calling her cat to come in for the night. Instead of her cat a raccoon comes in but she doesn't notice because she doesn't have her glasses on.

I dislike this commercial because it makes me worry about what happened to the cat. Did the raccoon get it? Is it still out there and later tries to get in but can't because she closed the door so it has to spent the night freezing?

Another commercial I dislike is the one where it shows Mrs. Claus and Frosty are sleeping together and then Santa comes home so Mrs. Claus turns on a hair dryer and tries to melt Frosty!

I dislike this one because Mrs. Claus is having an affair then tries to kill her lover to cover it up. It's a terrible message to send.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are two commercials - oddly, both Christmas ones - that I've always always hated. There's no rationale behind them. They just don't sit well with me.

The clanking glasses drove me up a tree.

[youtube]PGOr3s1VEYI[/youtube]

And I used to joke that it wasn't Christmastime until Santa went over the snowy hill in an electric razor. That's how many years they ran this stupid ad.

[youtube]mrronrsG018[/youtube]

I've never liked the Charmin ads with the bears. Yes, a bear craps in the woods - I get it. But then does he wipe? And then...just leave the paper there? On top of the dung heap? Or does he put it to the side? How's that work?

Adding insult to injury was the one for "Charmin Wet", which was...well, wet wipes for grown-ups. The bear does his business, and this bird comes over and starts singing.

Hey there bear
    You're not done yet
    There's still more sh-t
    You didn't get

That's probably not exactly how it goes, but it's something like that.

Lex

3. paco

paco Guest

i'm pretty sure studies have proven that charmin has the worst commercials ever. like, seriously disgusting. the one for their super strong one shows the little bear with pieces still hanging onto it's butt, and it's not cute because we all know what it's talking about and no one needed or wanted that imagery to get it.

i hate those law firm commercials for suing medical companies and bail bond commercials and insurance commercials. basically all of them.

4. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

The commercials for both sides of the health care reform bill. I HATE them. I hate propaganda.

5. Markio

There's this Manwich commercial that I don't like.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FP8SJBsl0A[/YOUTUBE]
    First of all, it frustrates me when commercials portray families as being happy over something trivial like sloppy joes for dinner. Secondly, any montage of people dancing while doing some other activity annoys me because it seems so fake. It says to me, "Look at how comfortable and happy and carefree I am because of this product! If you don't feel the same way after buying it, there's something wrong with you!"

6. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    the commercials for getting out of debt that are structured like a breaking news story. I don't realize they're just a crock until a little ways through them and they always get my heart beating...

7. Beachboi92

the commercial for From Paris with love, John travalta makes me want to kill a kitten with a puppy then set them both on fire and throw them at a baby from a 4th story window.

WHO THOUGHT HE LOOKED GOOD LIKE THAT!!!!!!!! its like an ugly penis with a beard anf a misshapen piercing anjfbnoeihbnkehgbwev SRSLYYYYYY and the worst part is john Reye Myers is in that movie and is so good looking and then there is John looking like a bald terrorist penis making me want to kill things......... Any one else feel the same about him in this movie/commercials for it.....

8. Johnnieguy

Any and all Wal-Mart commercials!

NAU commercials are annoying too...I still have that song stuck in my head "one day, one night, Saturday's alright, online's just fine, night time anytime.."

Or whatever business puts out the one that goes "It's my money and I need it NOW!" (the people yelling out the windows). The opera version isn't too bad though..

9. paco

paco Guest

yes, and yes. i fully agree.

10. partietraumatic

the go compare advert

its on the whole bloody time here, its probably the most annoying advert ive ever seen!

11. Zach1992

The Free Credit Report commercials. I've never hated a commercial more...

12. Sylver

OK, but seriously tell me that you wouldn't try to make babies with the Free Credit Report guy! He's ca-yute!! :love:

13. Johnnieguy

I definitely would!! I hate it when everyone who criticizes that commercial says he looks like a geek..I don't care if he looks like a geek, he is hot!

Edit: That doesn't make the commercials any less annoying.

14. Zach1992

I'm more into the the bass player.:slight_smile:

15. Sylver

This pleases me, because if I do the math;

Me + FCR guy = :icon_bigg

You + bass player = :icon_bigg

I can see this working out!!

16. Zach1992

Now we just need to work out our kidnapping plan... :lol:

17. Sylver

OK, I have a plan. You've got the looks and I've got the... Well, anyway you've got the looks, so we'll use you as the bait. All we need to do now is find the Renaissance Fair where these guys hang out... Or look for a crappy '76 Gremlin driving down the road... :thumbsup:

18. Zach1992

I have access to cloroform.

19. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god, I HATE those Charmin commercials! I really do not need the imagery of bears shitting in the woods. Yes, it's toilet paper and I know what it's for, but those damn bears disturb me. At least the Cottonelle puppy is cute.

I also hate those Glade commercials, where the housewife is trying to disguise that fact that she bought a Glade scented candle. You're the one who bought the candle, lady!

20. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uivR1o3ZcA4[/YOUTUBE]

I hate this one. Gee, this man can't speak English very well, and he happens to look funny, so let's totally embarrass him by making him sell our pink goop.

I also hate the First Date Insta-Cool Pepto commercials. You know, the one where the mom is driving her son and his date around while she calls the Pepto people to see if they cover all his symptoms.